Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Monday, October 15, 2007

Because of a Boy Release Party--One For the Money!!!

Hey friends and readers--it's that time again. Celebrate with me, as I say thank you to readers and fans for a wonderful year of support, and while we all party about the October 15th release of Book I in my Atlanta Heroes series, Because of a Boy.

If you've missed the last week or so of posts, click the Excerpts and Reviews links below, or check out my website Reviews page:

http://annawrites.com/reviews.shtml

We'll fast-forward to later in the story below--to Kate's (Martin Rhodes' sister from The Runaway Daughter and The Perfect Daughter) and Stephen's (Neal Cain's co-worker from The Prodigal's Return) first love romantic scene together--what better way to start the party ;o)

Okay, okay, prizes wouldn't be a bad way, either, so... Today, a lucky randomly selected blogger commenters who tell us his or her favorite way to party will win:


This great Guess mini evening clutch.



Another will receive my last tote given away at RT '07--a very cool bag that will come with promotional goodies...

I also have decks of card adorned with Ellora's Cave models and Borders gift certificates. Let's see how many commenters we get...maybe I won't be able to wait until tomorrow to give those away, too ;o)

So, tell us what party-on means to you. To me, it means hanging with folks who lift me up and make my work seem like a dream come true--folks like you ;o)

Okay, onward to Kate and Stephen's first romantic scene--a release party exclusive!!! Trust me when I say the tension between these two builds and builds from p. 1...

They're coming together to help Dillon now, and Stephen, the man who doesn't ask anyone permission for anything, is asking Kate if it's okay to pull her estranged brother into the picture...

Tomorrow...a much anticipated love scene between our troubled couple from The Perfect Daughter--Lissa Carter and Kate's brother Martin Rhodes ;o)

*******
"Would you leave Martin alone, if I asked you to?" She needed not to care so much what he said next, but her heart was suddenly racing.

"It would be a mistake." He smoothed her bangs out of her eyes. "I know things are strained between you and Martin, but I saw how much you two still care about each other. I find it hard to believe that your brother wouldn't help, if he knew you were this involved with the Digarros. But, yes, I'll back off and look for some other way, if that's what you need. I'll put a private investigator on it, and see what he can dig up. Just tell me which way you want me to go."

Kate blinked.

How many times had she told her ex she was sick and tired of him trying to take care of her?
She'd needed to be treated as an equal in their marriage, capable of deciding what was best for her, even if he didn't understand or agree. Robert hadn't been able to do that.

But Stephen, the ace litigator who knew how to masterfully play whatever angle served his purposes, was laying his cards on the table, and allowing her to choose if he played them or not.
He was saying our.

We.

She didn't do we.

"Kate?" Stephen asked

"I...I don't think Martin will agree to help," she heard herself say. "I'm not even sure what he could do..."

"But it's okay with you if I try?"

Kate nodded, only then realizing that Stephen's palm was cupping her cheek--which was wet again.

"I don't know what's wrong with me?" She tried to move away, but found she couldn't.

"It's hard for me, too." His face was closer. His thumb soothed across her cheekbone.

"What?" she whispered.

"This need I have to trust you." His expression hardened. His gaze dropped to her lips. "I'm not an easy man, Kate."

"No, you're not." She ran her tongue over her bottom lip, her heart rate galloping when he flinched and his eyes locked with hers once more.

There was heat there now, tempering the hardness into something sexually challenging. Something she suddenly needed more than she needed her rules about keeping a distance between her and anything that made her feel this much.

"But you trust me, anyway?" he asked.

It was a statement, not really a question.

"Yeah," she replied, feeling the truth settle deep, where nothing ever got to her anymore.

"Yeah," he whispered, a second before his lips sealed hers in a kiss so full of need, it demanded she respond.

As if she needed the incentive.

Get closer.

Feel more.

Make the ache inside stop.

Or make it worse. She didn't care which, as long as she kept feeling what they felt like together.

Together.

His tongue grazed her lips. Took advantage of her gasp to feather inside. When her own twisted around it, his body tensed. He cupped the back of her neck, asking silent permission. She angled her head, closed her eyes and deepened the kiss. Their groans mingled as he took complete control.

There was no other word for the way he devoured her. Ate at her lips with tiny nips of his teeth. Sipped her tongue into his mouth and suckled gently--then as her nails bit into his arms, more firmly, his hands rubbing down her back. Cupping her bottom. Sliding her closer to the edge of her chair, until her thighs were cradled between his.

She should be protesting. It was too fast. Anyone could come in at any moment. But he was the one to pull away first.

His hands rubbed gentle circles up her arms, leaving her shivering. His kiss gentled, his chest billowing in and out with the effort it took to back off. Kate clenched his forearms, not ready to let him go, and leaned into his next kiss, pressing for more. She swallowed the low, needy sound he made.

A crash in the hallway sent them springing apart, to stare at each other.

Stephen cleared his throat and he stood.

"So." He dug his hands into his coat pockets. "Um... Your brother. I'll try to speak with him this afternoon, if you're sure it's okay."

"He..." Kate stood herself. "I think he's at the academy every weekday. Um--"

The break room door opened. Marsha poked her head in.

"Robert's looking for you." She glanced back and forth between Kate and Stephen, as if she could feel the tension still crackling between them. "I told him you were busy with something important."

"My ex-husband. He's a surgeon here," Kate felt compelled to explain. She shook her head. As if Stephen cared. "Yes, it's okay with me if want to ask Martin for help. But I think you're wasting your time."

"And I think you're underestimating his feelings for you," Stephen countered. "After what I saw last night--"

"Let me know how it goes," she interrupted.

With a glare, she begged Marsha to keep quiet.

"I'll be in touch." Stephen stepped past Marsha and disappeared into the hall.

"Last night?" Marsha asked.

"It was nothing."

"Doesn't sound like nothing, if the man's already met the brother you haven't said boo to since he moved back to town."

"It's a long story." Kate fished her stethoscope out of her pocket and followed in Stephen's wake.


Marsha kept up.

"So, is it nothing?" she quipped. "Or is it a long story?"

Kate kept walking...

Labels: , ,

36 Comments:

  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger catslady said…

    Oh first to answer lol. Party on has changed for me as I get older. Now one of my favorite things to do is to get together with family members and play games - probably sounds boring but we all end up laughing our heads off!

    Love the excerpt!

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Anna,

    I hope I'm in the right place for
    this response! My idea of partying
    centers around family. Just in the last couple of months: our youngest
    grandson's second birthday, sharing
    a lunch where we celebrated the birthdays of four of my siblings,
    and hosting a family reunion attended by 171 family members! We also made the last-mentioned get-
    together a welcome home celebration
    for four members of our family
    branch who served in Iraq. So family ranks high on our party
    scale, always has and always will!!

    Pat Cochran

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    well part of me wants to go back to i was 18-20 yrs old, and having a party meant, not sleeping and running around from party to party for days.
    but now, it getting family, together and im a granmother now, and 3 children, ,my mom, and granny
    and cooking and goofing off

    we actaully still dance somewhat

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on the release! I just picked up my copy today.

    For me it means being with my family & friends. And just talking & eating.

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Anna!

    All the exceprts are wonderful and this one was no exception! I have my copy of Because of a Boy and I hope to start it tonight after the kiddos are in bed. :)

    Party on to me just means keep on doing whatever it is that you love. Stay true to yourself and do the things that make you truly joyful, whatever that may be. For me it's all about being with family and friends, the people who know who I am and love me anyway lol. Then, when I want to have my own little private party, I read a book and/ or take a bubble bath. I know, I'm a wild child, right? I do still love to dance and play basketball, but that's about as wild as I get. :)

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger Maureen said…

    Hi Anna!

    Congratulations on your new book. Thanks for the excerpt. A great party to me is filled with family and friends just talking and relaxing.

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger CrystalGB said…

    Great excerpt. A great party to me is a gathering of family and friends with great conversation, food and entertainment.

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger ruth said…

    Congratulations on the new release. Excerpt is exceptional. A memorable party is one with all of my family surrounding me and special yummies and goodies that my daughter the chef has created for this get together.

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Danica Favorite said…

    Anna, congrats on the new book. I'm eagerly waiting for the mailman to bring it to me.

    For me, it's all about enjoying friends and loved ones. :)

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Tam G. said…

    That was a great excerpt!
    For me it's being with family and loved ones. Some of them won't be with us much longer and some will be moving away.

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger ellie said…

    Great excerpt. Parties are about sharing and spending quality and fun time with family and friends. Good times and relaxing together with lovely food.

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger catslady said…

    Oh, I just received my package from the last "party." Four books and goodies and my favorite was receiving "All-American Father" - thank you so much, Anna.

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Anna,

    Great excerpts and party goodies. My favorite way to party is getting together with my family and close friends and letting our children play together while we catch up and laugh. At the beach is great, in the mountains - actually anywhere we can get together! We all got together over the weekend and hit the cider Mill. Perfect fall event.
    Have a great day.

    Sandra M

     
  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I never was much of a party girl. lol. I think the best parties are hanging out with family and friends. This weekend I went to Ohio to visit relatives. My uncle had a pig roast and it was a blast. We all had a great time. The excerpt was great!

     
  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger Nathalie said…

    How I love to party... I think your blog is a great example :) Anyway, I am not the party girl... though love yours!!!!

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    WOOHOO! Let's Party!

    I am rather boring...to me a good time or party is sitting at home and reading a good book...I don't get out much...LOL.

    However, I like your idea of a party...being around people who lift you up and have fun!

    Congrats on the release! Wishing you many more!

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger robynl said…

    My idea of partying is with a few close friends who come over and we have goodies, great conversation or don't need to talk always as great friends can just relax without saying too much.
    Family gatherings are great also for birthday parties, etc. Just being able to relax and enjoy is for me.
    Kudos to you on the release.

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    You ladies are making me want a fall family party of my ow ;o)

    Anyone out there heard of Bunko? The women in my neighborhood are wild about it. From what I can tell, it's a gave of change totally (no skill required), but most importantly an excuse to get out of the house for a couple of hours to chat/gossip and drink with your girlfriends (coffee or cocoa or something stronger if you like ;o)

    Anna

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger alissa said…

    I love making a big dinner for my family and relatives. We relax for hours together and catch up with our news and it feels warm and is memorable. Congrats on your release and a wonderful excerpt.

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Never heard of it... How I love to party... on a blog!! no hang-overs only pure joy!!

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Lily said…

    Love the excerpt... and love stories with doctors!

    Anyway... I love to party with a big chocolate cake... especially when the majority of it is just for me!!

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger Shari C said…

    Great excerpt!

    As I am getting more mature (not older...ha,ha) partying to me is either getting together with family and friends for a great time or when we have a neighborhood party which is a fantastic time; we have loads of food and drink that everyone brings, games for adults and children, singing and dancing as one of our neighbors has a band and just a great time for all that show up. It is a wonderful time to meet new families that may have moved in and to catch up with those we don't get a chance to see real often.

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Sue A. said…

    Thanks for the great excerpt!

    I'm not really a party girl, but I enjoy getting together with friends and family for informal get togethers. Food always plays big part in making a party successful.

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great Excerpt... the greatest party is to share with friends... and thanx for allowing us to party with you (of course the contests are always nice :)

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger ThatBrunette said…

    For me, party on means I have a good babysitter at home with the toddler. Wow, I'm old!

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    My favorite way to party is to just be in the company of my family and a few close friends. Food, laughter, just being together.
    Thanks for the excerpt . . . loved it.

    Cheryl

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    I didn't realize today was the release date! I got the book early from eharlequin and just finished it this morning. Great read, with all the emotional punch I've come to expect from you. Thanks!

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger Fannie said…

    As always, a great excerpt. Didn't expect anything else. I love to get together with family and just hang out. But I also love to get together with my friends and go out of town for a few days. We go out to eat, go shopping and to concerts. We always have a great time. I sure would like to win one of the great prizes. They are fantastic as usual. Have a great evening and hugs to all.

     
  • At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the excerpt!

    To me party on means going to a friends house for a lovely dinner or spending the day book hunting.

     
  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    My sis plays Bunko with the ladies in her neighborhood...they take turns hosting each month and have it at a different house.

     
  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger Cherie J said…

    Funny that you should mention parties because this is my birthday month as well as my baby girl's. My baby girl just turned one year old on October 10th. We had a nice party for her with cake, ice cream, pizza, goody bags, games, prizes a pinata filled with candy, etc. It was alot of work but it was alot of fun as well. However, for my birthday on October 8th I just wanted to get together with my family. We went out to dinner at a favorite restaurant with great food. Then we went home and my twin sister and I opened presents, ate birthday cake (chocolate and it was yummy) and just relaxed and enjoyed being together. It was great! Every time I think of it I smile.

    Enjoyed the excerpt Anna! This book sounds like another winner. Congrats on the new release!

     
  • At 2:14 AM, Blogger Minna said…

    To me party on means having good time with my family and friends.

     
  • At 3:48 AM, Blogger Mahaira said…

    Congrats on the new release! Hope you have loads of sales.

    To me party on means to just keep living life to the fullest and not letting anything pull you down and out. Its not just one celebration or a day or a weekend, it basically is an ongoing process. Finding a new hope everytime I am feeling blue will allow me to party on till the day I die.

    You really have great prizes that make me grind my teeth whenever another person wins and I don't. LOL

    For Cherie J -
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY. My family also had some milestone B'days this October.
    My baby boy just turned one year old on October 11th. My yourger brother turned 18 on the day and my father had his 60th one on October 8th.

    So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY again for you and your sister. Hope you have many many more happy ones.

     
  • At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    nice party

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Meljprincess said…

    Party-on would be doing whatever makes you happy and having a great time doing it!

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger Zoesgarden said…

    One of my coaches says, "Have a party in your pants!" That reminds me to put everything of myself into whatever I do and make sure that I enjoy it. If I'm not, why am I doing it? (housework is NOT included, I'm afraid. *sigh*

    Congrats on your latest! You probably don't remember ME from GRW!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home