Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Gotta put up with me talking about PR today!!!

And I don't mean Public Relations (though I talked all last month about that in eHarlequin and will have some excerpts up soon on my Articles page). No--today and tomorrow, my mission is to brainwash you into loving BRAVO'S Project Runway as much as I do ;O)

I've made a fine dent in the pages I have to complete today--the proposal for The Perfect Daughter--and a pot roast is on the stove bubbling away (yankee pot roast, because I love the gravey and the amazing way the potatoes and other veggies end up when the whole thing cooks for hours). And I have the tiniest taste of wine here with me (needed it for the roast, so why not take a sip even if it's a tad too early in the day) as I listen to the surf break and the gulls cry out my window... Okay, the ocean sounds are from my white noise machine, but a girls gotta have some atmosphere if she's going to get a good day's work done, right?

Just the right time of the day (with my son home from school, homework done, and he and a friend screaming outside while the play the afternoon away) for us to focus on what's really important--THE PROJECT RUNAWY FINALE IS TONIGHT!!!!!! Who will win? Whose clothes will look ridiculous? Who will say what and will Santino finally get what's coming to him?

Alas, most of you probably don't know what I'm talking about and, more's the pity, there's no time in the blog to catch you up. Let's just say that someone chained to the artistic process such as myself can't look away from the site of a group of creators being forced to be artistic on demand on national television week after week. Their anxiety is mine, their doubt and fear. The runion show last week showed them working late into the night and being silly and slap-happy and losing their minds--that's me and my best writing girlfriends when we call each other in the middle of the day, delirious from lack of sleep and cursing our editors as slave drivers.

This year's show was even better than last year's. They'll be doing marathons of it on BRAVO all week, so do yourself a favor and catch up if you can. I'll be glued to my TV at 10:00--which means I have to get back to those pages and get them done first!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    I love this show! I will be watching it tonight too. I have been watching the marathons all week as well as I read (nothing else on).

    I watched last season and became a fan. I think the show has such a neat concept. They are going to do a cooking one too.

    -Jennifer Y.

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger jennyowl said…

    I haven't watched the program but it sounds interesting.

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Dena said…

    Chloe won!I think her designs were mostly pretty,a few I didn't care for(long purple/pink silk dress)It just ended and I can't wait for season 3.

    A good excuse always is to need wine in a recipe,it goes in everything even stirfry,lol.I've never had Yankee pot roast?just the regular,does it have a lot more gravy than the regular?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home