Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

At least twice a week, every week...that's my goal for cardio and blogging in 2009 ;o)


And there's so much to share. New publishers and new books and new genres and new creative partners and new obsessions and the same compulsion to share it all... So check back every week, more than once, and you won't be disappointed. My Silhouette Special Release anthology, Winter Heat, is out in a few weeks, so stay tuned!

Of course, we'll be having release parties and contests, just like the good 'ol days. All winners from 2008 who contacted me with the snail mail addresses should have received their goodies. If you didn't get yours for some reason, email me one more time and I'll set things a right.

Today, I'm trying to slow down from a fast-paced holiday so I can sink back into the manuscript due on Feb. 1st. You know, that paranormal romantic suspese about the psychic twin sisters and their psychotic dreams I've been teasing everyone about??? Yep! I sold it--actually, I sold it and it's sequel--and I'll be sharing all the details soon.

But for now, I've watched Looney Tunes this morning with my son, chatted the mid-day away with my husband, and now I'm rewatching Double Jeapardy on the DVD. A great contemporary suspense I'm hoping will get me in the mood for a night of writing and rewriting ;o) Next in the line up... Watching Blue Crush because it's a girl-power movie and the photography of surfing the Pipeline in Hawaii is amazing. And I want a touch of amazing in every 2009 day.

Settle deep into your life, too, wherever you are. It's the beginning of a great new year. 2008 was full of a lot of hard work that I allowed to take me too far away from the things I need to feed my creativity. I'll be working even harder in 2009, but I'll be working smarter, too. And I'll be cherishing the things in this new year that nurture me--a long list, of which all of you are most definitely part.

Don't be gone long. I'll be waiting here for you!

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

  • At 11:04 PM, Blogger Missy Tippens said…

    Anna, congrats on the sales!!! I'm so happy for you!!

    Missy

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Blogger Pat Cochran said…

    Hello, Anna,

    Congratulations to CrystalGB on the
    win!!!

    Looking forward to reading about the
    psychic twin sisters, Congrats on the
    sale!

    Pat Cochran

     
  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger Fannie said…

    Congrats on the book sales. I am into paranormal books right now. It is good to have you back. I was beginning to think you had forgotten us. I hope the New Year brings you all things good. Congrats to CrystalGB on winning the purse. Everyone take care and hugs to all.

     
  • At 12:01 AM, Blogger catslady said…

    Welcome back!!! Congratulations on the book sales.

    Congrats Crystal!

     
  • At 12:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Congrats on the book sales, Anna...couldn't have happened to a nicer, more talented woman!

    See you soon at GRW...

    Anna (the other one...)

     
  • At 1:04 AM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    Thanks for the congrats!!! I'm still over the moon about the sale, and it's getting really real. The first draft of Dark Legacy is due to my new editor by Feb. 1st!

    Those of you who've heard me teach about draft writing, the rough, rough, rough draft is done (except for the last few scenes), and I'm heading back to rewrite to my heart's content... It's a lovely thing to be this excited about what you do for a living.

    And, nope, haven't forgotten about my online friends. It's just taken me a while to get my feet back under me. Time to live and focus and enjoy and work hard and share it all with people who understand and love me BECAUSE of my insanity, not in spite of it ;o)

    Sweet dreams, everyone!

    Anna

     
  • At 1:09 AM, Blogger robynl said…

    Anna, how nice that you're back. I e-mailed you a few minutes ago about my prize from '07 that I never received. Thanks. I sent app. 3-4 e-mails but knew you were one busy lady.

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Shari C said…

    Congratulations on your sales and will be looking forward to future books and also congratulations to CrystalB.

    Wishing you and everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year.

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger Maureen said…

    Congratulations on all your successes Anna and I hope 2009 is a great year for everyone!

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    Hi Anna! Congrats on your successes! I'm looking forward to your books in 2009! Thanks for the update about your blog!

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger ThatBrunette said…

    Hooray! Anna is back.

    The phrase cardio blogging made me giggle. I'll have to pass that on to another blogger friend.

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Jane said…

    Happy New Year, Anna. Congrats on the book deal.

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger Carol M said…

    Congrats on your book sales, Anna!
    Congrats, Crystal!

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Congrats, Anna, and welcome back. We've missed you but I see you've been really busy. Just wanted to let you know that I got my prize too.

    Cheryl S.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home