Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Friday, January 02, 2009

I'm on LifetimeTV (.com)!!!

Touching something amazing every day, remember!

I wanted to share a fun surpise. Last April, at the 2008 Romantic Times Conference, I was interviewed by good friend, journalist and romance advocate Michelle Buonfiglio, who blogs about all things romance over at for LifetimeTV.com:


It was fun, if a little terrifying to be on camera beside a professional journalist and former beuty pagent winner (Michelle's a former Miss Penn. and a Top 10 finalist in the Miss America contest, bless her beautiful heart, and it is beautiful, just like the rest of her). Her film crew put me at ease, even though they had me squinting into direct sunlight because they needed it to keep the shadows at bay. So, I survived without hyperventilating and pretty much figured that's the last I'd hear of the experience. Michelle had so many other wonderful, better known authors on her call sheet. My twenty minutes or so would no doubt be cut--what a relief!

Well, fast forward to a friend sending me a link last night, and, woops! So much for relief. Seems I managed to say something intelligent, after all--about loving to hear reader responses to my stories, and staying in touch with fans over the information superhighway.

So, here they are--my first "national" interviews. Really amazing things, actually. Once I got past the feminine hygiene ad--which evidently is intended to score with the romance target market (always happy to help, any way I can). And once i got over the way I sound (that's not my voice), and how tense my face is (did I mention the staring directly into sunlight part, while a tinfoil thingie reflected even more of it into my peripheral vision?). Once I watched it a few times and relaxed enough to listen to what I was saying.

Michelle and I have known each other for years, both professionally and as friends, and she knew just the right questions to get me to open up. And I really seem into what I'm saying--in a tense, squinty way--and most of it's not half bad, even though there are a few rough cuts where they spliced one part of the interview into another. In the end, I even managed to make me feel a little more excited about this career I've been lucky enought to build a presence in. I'm a lucky girl. Jan. 2nd, 2009: amazing thing--check.

So, take a look and chuckle amongst yourself. And--just to show you I'm a team player, all the way around--go buy sanitary pads, for heaven sake!!!

Follow this link to my LifetimeTV video page (that's a very cool thing to type, BTW ;o) Thanks, Michelle B.!!!

http://www.mylifetime.com/video-search/tags/Anna%20Destefano

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger ThatBrunette said…

    You look great! I wish they had you full face. You sounded good. Some writers have trouble speaking live but, it didn't look like you felt uncomfortable.

    I wouldn't just say that your blog is healing. It can be inspirational because of your attitude. It can be relaxing, fun and a nice place to visit.

    I didn't get any feminine hygiene adds.

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger Robin in NC said…

    Anna...you did super! You sure can't tell you're nervous. Your "story" is awesome too! 11 books in 3 years! Woohoo!!!!! You go girl!
    I didn't even click on the Always sample. (I don't need them anymore) ;-)

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Anna,

    You sound great in the interviews. Not nervous at all. Done like a true professional. Glad you are back blogging. Sounds like you've got some great books coming out in 2009. Can't Wait!

    Sandra M

     
  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger Jane said…

    Great interview. I got the Always ad on both videos.

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger Carol M said…

    I enjoyed both interviews. You looked very relaxed and you did a great job!

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Maureen said…

    Your interview was fabulous! Congratulations!

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Michelle Buonfiglio said…

    Bella Anna! As always, you place your beauty and talent in a light that plays it down, and I totally understand why. It says so much about who you are, and how you try to put the rest of us at ease. :) You were magnificent in these interviews and, although I would like to think I'm all-powerful, I still want to apologize for the miserable conditions we shot you in. The weather was lovely, but not for interviewing outside. But you're such a pro and 'winged it' all so we could make it work.

    Of course, you all should know that Anna made me cry during her interview, because she talked about organ transplantation, which is near/dear to my heart (and, well, kidney!). But the neat thing you probably already know about Anna is that what you see totally is what you get. She's no different on-camera or at a book signing that she is over coffee and, I suspect, with her family. I don't think she knows any other way that to be genuine and supportive, which is one of the reasons I've been drawn to her, like the rest of you.

    I am glad you're able to see just a little of the wonderful stuff Anna shared with us in her Lifetime interview. And I'm glad she's here for us, too, with her books and blog. I wish everyone a happy and very healthy new year filled with lots of the good stuff I hope you all know you deserve.

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    Sniff, sniff... I give you my soul sister Michelle. A true light in this world.

    Have a great weekend, everyone!

    A.

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger kansassweet43 said…

    Wow Anna, that was a great interview. I could hardly
    tell your were nervous. I
    am looking forward to Dark
    Legacy. The book sounds so
    interesting. Can't wait to
    read it and the rest of them
    too. Of course that is the
    intention of all author's.
    LOL I don't need to go out
    and get stuff like feminine
    napkins anymore. My opinion
    is a hysterectomy is the greatest
    thing that can happen to a woman,
    or of going through the change.
    LOL. Well i'm looking foward to
    spending time with you and your
    books this year. Here's to a great
    year for everyone.

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Minna said…

    Too bad my computer is so slow... I would have loved to see it!

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Dale Rodberg said…

    I have been entering the Fresh Fiction contest, everyday, in hopes of winning the XOXO purse and just notice the link to you blog. Now I will be entering you contests also.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home