Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Catching-up, Woe is Me, but Partying On!!!!

As with all things inspiriational, the source of today's motivational challenge is a tad of woe--everyone, sigh, and spare just a moment. I promise a Paul Harvey ending you'll cheer for ;o)

It's the SPAM, of course. The SPAM whammie got me, kicking at the writer when she's post-online-bash weary and deadline spanked. Just when I had no time to dive in and recreate blog fun for everyone to enjoy while I had to disappear to meet next week's deadline. Just when my amazing "Shipping God" (the tireless dh) was finally getting last month's prizes in the mail, and I needed to cross-check everything in my lovely blog. Just when all the online promoting for The Runway Daughter was wrapping up, here comes nasty SPAM, rushing in to overwhelm my last dwindling brain cells...

That's a whiney way to say, sorry for ditching everyone last week. But...the book's the thing, and a proposal has to go in to my agent before I head up to Maryland to to give a workshop Thursday night. So everything else fell away, as you know happens from time to time in my frazzled life.

So--off I went, mid-Project Runway chatter (those who love Cloe, I'm happy for you and her that she won, but I REALLY don't think she's anywhere near as talented as the final two guys--or even Nick, for that matter). Hiding offline became a necessity as I sweated out the first three chapters of The Perfect Daughter. And oh...my...Gosh--it's really coming together...I'm sooooo loving the contemporary feel of this story!!! Not loving that I've had to ignore so much chaos and post-party fun out here, but the party going on in my laptop is coming along nicely, I'm happy to report!!

Making this a Party-On blog post!!! We have those a lot here, if you're new. Yes, life can suck the big SPAM one when you least expect it, but there are so many more surprises to come, you just have to ride the wave and KNOW that the good stuff is right around the next corner.

So, to catch-up: Prizes are still being shipped out (dh is handling as many as he can each week). Hang in there, and we'll get it done. Blog posts will be picking up starting today, but so many great plans have been put on hold while I get this proposal out. The Runaway Daughter is selling well, meanhwile I'm writing The Perfect Daughter (very cool serendipity, that), which means I'll have more excerpts on my Coming Soon page, well...soon. But don't be surprised if writing takes me away from online fun a little more over the next week or so, just as my personal SPAM demon has yanked away my blog archives to keep you guys entertained as I write. Picture me sticking out my tounge as said evil spirt!!

The good, the bad, and the ugly, yes--but also the groundwork for such lovely new fun to come.

So Party On!!! Join me in finding your bright tomorrow to look to, regardless of the hum-drum (or SPAM spankings) of today. I have a second book out this year (my first time with multiple titles in the same year), and I'll be sharing three new stories with you between now and December. How could I be anything but thrilled and in awe???

So take your SPAM, evil internet pests, and shove it where the woe-don't-shine!!! We're going to have a lovely time to spite you ;O)

Thanks for the supportive emails asking how things are going. They're going creative, frantic, and all-together magical. Hoping the same for you!!!

4 Comments:

  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    "shove it where the woe-don't-shine" I LOVE IT!!!

    Hugs Anna!!!

    I can't wait for The Perfect Daughter. This is Maggie's story correct?

    Good luck on getting everything done!!

    -Jennifer Yates

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger jennyowl said…

    Go, Anna, go! Good luck with your proposal!

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Dena said…

    Hope everything works out with your proposel Anna,take care

     
  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    Thank you Anna, and thank you to the shipping god. I got my lovely parcel today.

    smoochies,

     

Post a Comment

<< Home