Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Friday, June 16, 2006

Spank me, I'm done!! Oh, and here's what's coming in July ;o)

Okay, that's a little joke around my house. When you have as many balls in the air as I do right now (writing the proposal for a new book due in August, doing art sheets for the book I just turned in, prepping for revisions for said last book, itching to spend serious time on a new single title idea that's got me plotting like a demon, not to mention promotion and RWA chapter responsibilities), you're always behind in something. Well more than one something, ususally.

But, you're also always finishing something. I'm a deadline girl and set my own deadlines so that by the time I owe someone something, I'm ususally past done. And I've learned to celebrate the doneness of even the smallest things. It's better than drowning in what's waiting next. Well, the few hundred things that are next. And around my housel, the catch phrase is, "Spank me, I'm done!" Don't ask me why. I think my son heard it in a music video one day. Or maybe I did. I'm partial to hard rock these days--something about the beat energizes me. And look at the fancy phrazes a girl can pick up ;O)

What was I saying??? Right, I'm done with the rough cut of the proposal due to my editor early next week (for the Single Father book that'll be out in May as part of a Single...With Kids Superromance continuity you don't want to miss). So, time to slap some high-fives (I'm a basketball girl at heart, no matter how much refined tennis I play), spank whatever you need to to enjoy the moment, and LOOK FORWARD TO JULY FUN!!!

We have a launch party coming up, among other things. The Prodigal's Return will be in a store near you around the 10th of the month. You've read the first chapter or so already...can't wait to hear what you think of the rest. You can chat up the book with me on eHarlequin--one of the hosts has picked Prodigal for her bookclub choice, and we'll be discussing the dickens out of it throughout the month. I'll post the link here and on my website once I have it. As always, I have some chats lined up, and I've just learned that I'll be a guest blogger on WNBC.com's romance page on the 14th--check out this site, it's totally cool, and the bloggers are wicked (hope I can keep up ;O) www.WNBC.com/romance

But back to the launch party...lots of fun and friends, great topics I'm working on to keep us busy...the party will start July 12th and run through 17th. And I have some great daily prizes lined up...picks have been sprinkled through this post (actually, I've tried to upload them but BlogSpot is misbehaving...keep checking back, I'll get them up as soon as I can), and I'll have more for you to drool over next week.

Tell your friends...let's blow out the web this time around. I'll have lots more to spank about by the (LOL!!). Come out and join in the fun.

For today, tell us what you have to celebrate, no matter how minor the milestone. It's all about finishing and moving forward, knowing you'll finish what's next, too.

Oh, and I wanted to chat a bit about paranormal single titles. What am I thinking about doing? Cant really say yet, sorry. Except that my agent is psyched by the idea. Except that I'm wanting to take my emotional family dramas up a notch and do something amazing with them in a larger format. Something that has a paranormal bent but is so contemporary and believable that you could imagine it happening in the world around you. No vampires for me...I want super-girl to be your next door neighbor...kinda spookier that way ;o) Did I mention I'm thinking of taking this toward the thriller end of the spectrum, too? Whatcha think???

Okay, one more cool bag to come back and duke it out for in July ;O)

8 Comments:

  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Dana Pollard said…

    Congrats on reaching your goals!!

    My good news? I mailed my requested submission to Kensington Brava early last week. And... I'm almost done polishing my time travel. (lost the polished file... I KNOW! SPANK ME!)

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Can't wait for the party and the book! That last paragraph has me intrigued...can't wait to learn more.

    What do I have to celebrate? Not really milestones on my part, but they are family milestones.
    -My new niece: Megan Rae born on June 7...adorable and healthy!!
    -My twin nephews will turn 3 on Monday. For little boys who were born prematurely and weighed in at a little over 3 lbs each, they sure have grown. Both are healthy and happy! We are so blessed to have them in our lives.

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Maureen said…

    I am looking forward to the new book and your party.

    We celebrated our son making his Confirmation this month. Good luck with all your many projects.

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger robynl said…

    Congrats and waiting for the Launch Party.

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger catslady said…

    My daughter is visiting for a couple of days so that's cause for celebration!

    Looking forward to the launch party!

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger ThatBrunette said…

    Spank Me! I'm gonna have to use that one!

    Celebrating...hmmm. My toddler went poopie on the potty. We celebrated with a poopie parade and song. Who knew feeces could be so much fun?

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Looking forward to the launch party!

    I guess some milestones my family have met lately are my son graduating preschool. He'll start kindergarten in July! And we bought a boat (yahoo! - we saved a while for this item). I've got my copy of The Prodigal's Return and I'm on Chapter Five. Enjoying it!

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Dena said…

    Thats great you are getting all those things done for your books because it is a HUGE list,you are soo busy I'm amazed you have time to do a launch party.
    I am also looking forward to your new book with the paranormal theme in it, and am glad it's not about vampires.[nothing against those books,I like some of them] It's a popular subject in paranormal now and your idea sounds new and interesting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home