Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Thursday, May 25, 2006

A Rose by Any Other Name

Friends are wonderful things, and as I said the ones I've made at RT the last couple of years have been amazing. Many of the pictures from this week and today come to you courtesy of Rose, Lisa and Patrice. All I had to say was, "I'm doing somoething fun online," and they were there to help out--both me and the fun...

Here's me and Patrice again, dancin' like crazy women...




And the cream of the Peter Decicco fan club (kid you not, the man has his own online harem...check his pic out from a few days ago, and you'll see why). It was the vampire ball...I didn't have a costume, so I went as a victim (I was in thrall)...someone gave me a tatoo that made it look like I'd been bit...somewhere...



More models...Need I say more...








And then it was home to the real world this week--my son's last few days of school. Yesterday afternoon, at around 3:00 busses full of singing and screaming children were cruising all over the neighborhood for the last time until Fall . Once my son arrived, we booked it over to a friend's house for a celebratroy water baloon/water gun fight, an afternoon of craziness and then a neighborhood pool party. And so our summer begins...him chilling and resting up from all things academic, me enjoying him while he's still young enough to be hanging near home during the summer (and working hard on my novels, so I have a good excuse to head to RT again next year), and everyone relishing a couple of months of less-hectic schedules and longer days.

We're heading to New York for a family thing in a few weeks, then to Cincinatti for another reader event. I LOVE road trips...long hours of dedicated writing time...More work that's not quite work, because I love it, and I love being able to live my life around my job.

How 'bout everyone else...what's your summer looking like? I know a lot of you have another month of school to go, but after that...what are you going to do to recharge (I strongly recommend dancing all night and cover models, but I know that can be a tall order ;o) ?

Our winner from yesterday's comments--Amy S.!! Amy, email me at anna@annawrites.com to give me your snail mail addie and your book preference. The list after our first two winners chose their books is...

Desire After Dark--Amanda Ashley
Count Down-Iris Johansen
Darker Than Midnight--Maggie Shayne
Code Name: Blonde--Christina Skye
The Dark One--Ronda Thompson
On Blue Falls Pond--Susan Crandall
The Duchess Diaries--Barbara Dawson Smith
Chill of Fear (Hard Cover!!!)--Kay Hooper

I'll keep giving books and promo items away until they're gone, even as I settle more deeply back into my real world. Leave a comment in todays blog to be eligible.

Tomorrow, I'll share a teaser of my Feb. '07 book--The Perfect Daughter--as I dive back into writing the May ;07 book. Come back and tell me what you think!!

Labels: , , ,

16 Comments:

  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Dena said…

    You & Patrice look so pretty and definitely were having fun! Wish that I could have been there, I love all the pics,there great.

    This summer we don't have no trips planned, we probably will just barbacue a lot and go to a few Mariner games,I would like to go more but its across the sound in Seattle and the expences to go adds up with the tickets and transportation, not to mention the food,it is way over priced. We are such crazy fans we would have withdrawels if we couldn't see them in person at least once a year,lol.

    A big congrats to all the ladies that have won so far.

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger jennyowl said…

    You look like you're having fun, not crazy. LOL Enjoy your upcoming family trip. We don't have any getaway plans for the school break.

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger faechilde said…

    I've no plans as yet for the summer except kicking back with a lot of yummy books. lol

    Lucky you! Road trips, dancing and male models. Oh to dream. The chests on those men are definitely to salivate over and that's what I'm doing right now. lol

    Have fun this summer.

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Carol M said…

    I'm enjoying all the pictures. I just wish I had been there to enjoy all the fun!

    My summers are quiet. I work in my garden, read on my back porch and spend more time with my grandchildren.

    Hope you enjoy your road trips and family time!

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Maureen said…

    School will not be out for another few weeks here. We are going on vacation to Virginia and are looking forward to some sailing on my husband's sailboat. My daughter will be heading into her senior year so her and her friends want to do so many things. When my daughter or I see anything that's going to happen in 2007 we get all excited because that's her year.

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger CrystalGB said…

    No definite plans for summer. Home improvements will take up most of our vacation days.
    Enjoy your trips.
    I am enjoying viewing your photos.

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Angie-la said…

    Hi Anna!
    High School graduation for our first born and the younger enters HS this fall. We are thinking this will probably be the last time the older one will want to tag along on the annual trip to Panama City Beach, so we are heading that way in June. Other than that, no major vacation plans. We will be spending lots of time around our bestest friends pool on the weekends, though!

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger Meljprincess said…

    Hi Anna! I was at the booksigning but I missed you. I was so bummed! I wanted to thank you for the great purses and books you have sent me. I also wanted to introduce you to my Mother. We had a blast! Hope you did too. Are you going to Atlanta? I'm thinking about it. xo Mel

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger robynl said…

    Summer plans include:

    -home improvements
    -one sister and dh's 25th wedding anniversary
    -family reunion in Aug. (this is the first one on my Dad's side)

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger catslady said…

    No vacation plans here - 2 daughters in college but one graduates at the end of August which is exciting.

    And enjoying all the RT pics lol.

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Congrats Amy!

    I am going to have a boring summer...probably just reading and continuing my job search.

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey Anna,

    My son just graduated preschool today. Oh boy, next year it's elementary school! Our summer plans include a trip to Blowing Rock, NC and Charleston, SC. We're also heading to Mackinac Island in Michigan in July. Then come August, we're leaving my son with the in-laws, and my husband and I are heading to Las Vegas for an anniversary weekend. We're going to be busy, but it'll be fun! I love to travel!

     
  • At 11:41 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    No big plans. Hit the local amusement park and, hopefully, the zoo. Looks like you definitely had fun!

     
  • At 12:14 AM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Oh, and I forgot...I will be helping a little with my new niece (due in June) and visiting family every now and then.

     
  • At 5:53 AM, Blogger Minna said…

    This summer I'm going to finish my thesis.

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    Wonderful summer plans ladies...I'll be working AND playing hard, so any time you want to chat about what's going on in your life, I'll be out here.

    BJ, YES I'll be at the RWA National conference in July--will be signing The Prodigal's Return. I really hope you make it to the booksigning. I know it's huge, but please stop by and say hi while you're there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home