Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Friday, June 02, 2006

Writing Through the Mist

The Shenandoah Valley wrapped its arms around me as we reached our stop for the night.

Anything at any time can tickle my imagination and make me dream. I never know where the next idea is coming from, but the mountains are always a touchstone.

That's why I love driving through this part of the country. The Blue Ridge is something you have to see at least once in your life. Majectic, ancient, grey-tinged beauty, shot through at sunset with shades of the most amazing color...

Is it any wonder I worked on two manuscripts while we drove yesterday? My next Super, which is due in August, and a contemporary paranormal novel my agent is waiting for, as soon as I can get her something to pitch to mainstream publishers.

Thanks again, everone, for the raves for the The Perfect Daughter. I'd love to share more, but copyrights are sticklers about things like that. Besides, wait until I finish my revisions and edits, and it'll be even better. Look for the book next Valentines Day!!

But just to keep my visitors happy, I'll start excerpting my July The Prodigal's Return next week. This story will grab you heart, too, I promise. Another strong heroine, an epic love story, and a hero to-die for!!

Yesterday's winner from the comments, you ask...n0odz1, pick a book and email me your pony express address. Here's the list:

Darker Than Midnight--Maggie Shayne
The Dark One--Ronda Thompson
On Blue Falls Pond--Susan Crandall
Chill of Fear (Hard Cover!!!)--Kay Hooper

Ladies, I think this is our first manly winner of the week!! Everyone say hi to our Y-chromosome-laden buddy ;O)

Okay, to sum up...I'll be talking mountains and poetry when I get a chance to post this weekend (or perpahs Manhatten, since that's my eventual destination). You never know what I might come up with when I get out of my office and start writing on the road. Monday, look for the first excerpt from The Prodigal's Return and more prize giveaways, starting with a winner from this weekend's comments. And we're just a few weeks away from the July Launch Party--great goodies await my faithful online friends, so come back!!

Off to smile at my mountains while they're still there...

18 Comments:

  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Anna,

    I love the mountains as well. We're off next weekend to a resort in Blowing Rock, NC. The mountains and the ocean have a magical effect on me. Have a great weekend and look forward to hearing more about this paranormal romance you're working on.
    Take Care.

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Dena said…

    I've never been to eastern side of the US so I've never been to the Blue Ridge MTs. ,thanks for the beautiful pictures.I love when the sunsets and you see the pink hues come out. I live in the Pacific Northwest-Washinton-though and am surrounded by the Cascades on one side and the Olympics on the other.It is a wonderful scenic area. We have such a beautiful, diverse country it's beauty is unsurpassed by many other countries I think.

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Congrats n0odz1!

    Have a great weekend!!!

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Minna said…

    Congrats to winner!

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have you thought about adding an RSS feed? It's a Blogger option and would make it easier to follow and read your blog. I'd get notified automatically that you have new posts - and wouldn't have to try to remember ;)

     
  • At 9:11 PM, Blogger Angie-la said…

    You said the magic word.. PARANORMAL!
    Cannot wait to hear about that one.
    The mountains are beautiful.

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Carol M said…

    Congrats n0odz1!

    I'm looking forward to more excerpts and hearing more about your new paranormalwhen you can talk about it.

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    LOL, n0odz1 !!! I LOVE having manly fans ;O) Actually, I get a lot of husbands who picke up their wives books and eventually contact me to let me know how much they like the stories, too. You're just one of the brave few who come out to play with us on the blog ;O)

    So....you're my first to get a prize!

    I'll be shipping priority boxes out early next week...

    Anna

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Sandy M said…

    I grew up in Winston Salem, NC and miss the mountains very much. Hope you get your page worked out. Have an awesome day.

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    Linda and Sandy, the contest page is going to be fine...eventually...but the bizarro spammers are at it again. This time through the "funky purse" form you use to enter the website side of my monthly contests...so, it looks like I'm going to have to do something different...again...grrr!

    For now, I'm going to give both May/June prizes away through the blog (and also using the legit website entries I received). I still love to hear from everyone--I get such great fan mail through the purse entry form...So don't forget to say hi to me time to time through my guest book...

    We're still going to have an online blast, just not at the expense of me spending hours cleaning up my inbox because hackers think I'll somehow miss that 800 nearly-blank contest entries a day are coming in from the same web server...Did I mention I was a computer programmer in one of my former professional lives???

    So, leave comments out here where it's safe and spam-free, and let's party!!!

    Anna

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger catslady said…

    Congrats n0odz1 (you need an easier name lol). That picture is absolutely gorgeous. I've driven through the area a few times and it is beautiful. I'm looking forward to hearing about the paranormal too.

     
  • At 11:50 PM, Blogger Loretta said…

    Thanks for sharing such a beautiful sunset with us. I live in the desert of Az.

     
  • At 6:54 AM, Blogger Maureen said…

    I always enjoy a trip to the mountains. Hope you have a good weekend.

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger robynl said…

    Beautiful scenery picture.
    Congrats to the winner.

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Sorry to hear about the spammers...can't wait for the release party!!

     
  • At 8:21 AM, Blogger CrystalGB said…

    What a great picture. I love the mountains.

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger Meljprincess said…

    I love mountains. The Blue Ridge are fantastic! When I was in Vegas last year my room was at the very top of Treasure Island. Every chance I got *I was out of the room a lot* lol! I looked out my window at the mountains. I wanted so badly to go up into them and escape.

    CONGRATS n0odz1 !!

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger tastefully yours said…

    CONGRATS n0odz1!

    Anna, it is terrible to see the spammers at at it again. It is so frustrating! Why can't we just enjoy the WWW? We are not bothering anybody we just want to have a little fun!

    BTW, I love the mountains! Our family vacation this year is to Pigeon Forge and Gatlingburg. I can't wait!

    Sherry

     

Post a Comment

<< Home