Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Feel it all--even when you have to reach for it

Okay. Great news just came today, and... I'm yawning!!! Someone pinch me, so I'll wake up. Maybe it's deadline let-down, but, I mean, if I can't get excited about the Mother's Day short story collection I was telling you about being with LORI HANDLEAND, what's wrong with me!!!


: ) Isn't that the most amazing thing you've ever heard? I know she's got some fans out here, because we've raved about her before. Sigh... Have no idea what we'll be writing about yet, but Lori's one of my all-time favorite authors. I couldn't be more thrilled. But still, I'm yawning...


Actually thought about not posting tonight. Then I took myself in hand and gave myself a bit of my own advice--fake it until you make it. Sure I'm exhausted and I've been on deadline for going on three years. Sure promoting a new book--two in two months, even--is a lot of work. Sure thinking up new story ideas when Super hasn't bought my new proposals yet is something I hadn't scheduled into my month. But, come on!!! Cry me a river, girlfriend. This is your dream your living!!! Catch a clue and party ;o)


Thought you'd enjoy a bitty glimpse into a writer's neuroses. Because, really, we're all the same. We work hard, try to be good for our famly and loved ones, try to live a life we can be proud of... and wouldn't you know it, just as things start to fall into place, there's still more work to be done. Sometimes, so much work you're tempted to complain, or worse, to miss the good stuff you've fought so hard for.


Even when you have to reach for it a little more than you should, enjoy every new surprise and success--even when it means more work, when all you want to do is rest and party with your friends ;o)


So, partying it is!!! I've got some great new prize pics to share, along with my "I get to write something with Lori Handeland" news. It's time for some Valentine's red. Some of these goodies will be given away during our "field trips" next week--to see where you'll be going to chase down these awesome goodies, check yesterday's post.


Woohooo!!!! Can you feel me partying tonight??? Hope you have something wonderful to celebrate, too. You deserve it, each and every one of you.











Labels: , , , ,

15 Comments:

  • At 11:57 PM, Blogger ThatBrunette said…

    There is only so much energy to go around. If you are tired, you are tired. We, your fans, are happy for you. We'll keep the happy going until you are rested and ready to celebrate!

    The Mother's Day project sounds great! Now that I am a mom, I love celebrating motherhood. I can't wait for my first macaroni necklace!

    Rest up and we'll be here, ready to party with you!

     
  • At 12:55 AM, Blogger Lindi said…

    Anna,
    All the purses are great. I love red!

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger CrystalGB said…

    Gorgeous purses. I hope you get some rest and get reenergized.

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Very cool!

    I love the purses! I need to go shopping with you! You find the best things!

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger robynl said…

    Wow, what fabulous purses again.
    Rest up well and be ready for us party people.

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    All those purses are gorgeous. I especially like the white one with multi-colored hearts.
    Rest up, Anna. We'll all be here ready to celebrate with you when you're all refreshed.

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Fannie said…

    Rest and that is an order. Love the purses (now to win one). I don't know how you do it but you come up with the neatest prizes. I am all set to party next week. I am a big fan of Lori's also. I read all her books too. Have a great week end, rest and spend time with family and then we party. Hugs to all.

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Anna,
    Treat yourself to some me time and relax.
    You always have the greatest purses. I just don't know you find them.

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Anna,
    You have such cool purses you give away...you must spend a lot of time looking for them! Thanks...

    ringois@msn.com

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    What fun and gorgeous purses!

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tell your secret about keeping things organized as you change bags... I'm always leaving stuff behind in another bag...
    Love your writing!!

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The purses look great. Have a Happy Valentine's Day

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a great purse. Happy valentine's Day.

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Storm Safety Blog said…

    Even living your dream can't beat sleep! I hope you managed to get some rest before starting your next project. Congratulations on getting in the collection, and I'm looking forward to hearing about your part in it.

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    AHHHH, motherhood. I know all the sleepless nights. the tears, the joys, and the endless amount of love it takes to raise a little one to adulthood. Yet you are still able to turn out AMAZING stories to entertain all the other mothers of the world God bless you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home