Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Lots of Field Trips next week!!!

Next week's party will be a chance to keep in a touch AND a chance to get away!!!

For example, Romance B(u)y the Blog's Michelle Buonfiglio picked me to be her Valentine ;o) I'll be guest bloggin over there on the 14th, and of course will have a great prize to give away. It's a great blog you'll want to go back to again and again. Then on the 15th, I'll be chatting on Noveltalk.com--and you know our chats are always a blast. So, we'll do partying here, there and everywhere, lol!!!

Lots of questions are coming in again about my purse collection. Yes, I have quite a few. And yes, the rumor's true. I treat myself to something new with each new contract. This time around, Issabella Fiore is still wowing me, so I picked something in winter White that I can wear with my funkiest sweaters and boots. I know I do lots of most of the time, but playing a white bag against my vibrant wardrobe is a neat switch. People stop and ask me about my new "baby" all the time.

We need more prize teasers out here, too. Guess bags are always a favorite. How 'bout this one? Tiny, yes, but pink and perfect for a romantic dinner or dancing out late with the girls. And for all my guy fans, the woman in your life will love getting this one in the mail.

I just finished my President's Column for the GRW newsletter (The Galley). Tried to tie in a lot of what we talk about out here. I included the draft below. It's written for writers, but the theme is universal. Let me know what you think!

More news and party plans tomorrow ;o)
**********
Love Is In The Air

Love is in the air... Cherubs and Cupid and Valentines and Roses...

February is one of my favorite months. I'm mad about the color red, and it's everywhere. Hearts and sweet nothings may seem cliché to some, but they make me smile every time. And there's never an better time to be proud of the work we do as writers and dreamers of romance.
Spinning tales of people loving each other, caring about each other's lives, fighting for what's important to someone they care about--whatever "type" of romance you write, you're giving the reader a piece of your heart with every word. Your creativity. Your own unique journey. Your faith in what's true within all of us.

If you ask me, the world needs more warriors of the heart. Dreamers who believe that love can heal, that laughter will get you through to the dawn, and that holding someone close is the best medicine of all. My challenge to you this Valentine's Day--be proud of what you write. Dig deeper with every story. Make your view of love richer and deeper, then be brave enough to share it with the world.

When love is in the air, it's the perfect time to look beyond the business and the competition and the drive to get ahead that our careers thrive on. Take this chance to step back, recharge and remember what it's all built on. We're wordsmith's, and whether we write suspense or drama or comedy or erotica, our hearts are reflected in every word. Nurture that heart this month. Cherish the ones you love. Experience every vibration of love you can.

Then get back to work and share what you cherish most with the rest of us!!!

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Can't wait until next week!!!

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger CrystalGB said…

    Great column Anna. Love the purses.

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger catslady said…

    They're all gorgeous of course. Great post and looking forward to next week.

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger ThatBrunette said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger ThatBrunette said…

    Do you keep doubles of the purses you really like? How many do you have?

    Congratulations on the Mother's Day story. (For some reason, my comment didn't appear) Keep us posted on the publish date.

     
  • At 7:23 AM, Blogger Theresa N. said…

    I couldn't agree more..the world needing more warriors. The winter white purse if very pretty.

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger robynl said…

    I cherish good health after seeing my parents pass away from cancer and heart trouble.
    Love the purses as usual and look forward to next week.

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger Carol M said…

    Next week is going to be fun! I love the purses, too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home