Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Monday, February 05, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!

Okay, I know it's closer to Ground Hog's Day...but that's my Monday Surprise--

Harlequin called late last week to ask if I'd be one of three authors they've picked to do a collection of short stories for Mother's Day 2008. What a great theme, and a wonderful feeling to be chosen for something so fun. All I know for now is that it'll be released by Superromance. More news to come, as soon as I hear the rest. This on top of the new proposals they're considering...sigh... I'm feeling like a bit of a princess right now...

Of course, you can always be a princess for a day. Lay back, rest your head on your softest pillow. Close your eyes and dream of what you want most. Let yourself smile, and really feel how special the moment is--how perfect you are, just because you're there, doing the what you do best.

Next to Snow White (which was stitched on the back of all my shirts for my husband's fraternity, for which I was a little sister--yes, I was a greek, please don't hold it against me), my favorite Disney character has to be Grumpy. He's not bad, he's just very misunderstood and needed love more than any of the other dwarfs. Snow White knew that, of course, because with the heart of a princess, she saw past his bluster and loved him for who he was.

In my mind, that's all it takes to be a good princess, or a good mother, or a good friend. See through the grumpy stuff and reach for what makes the person you love unique and special. Make sure they cherish what's uniquely theirs as much as you do. Then you'll be smiling into you pillow at night...

Maybe my Mother's Day short story will have a tie to Snow White... Maybe there's a grumpy out there who needs lots of mothering to help him shine... Sound like fun to anyone???

We need another prize teaser, too. How bout this Nine West shoulder bag? It's a sister of the new Website Contest bag. Check out my contest page for the other. You'll love them both!!!

Off to catch some of the princess sleep for myself. Thanks for all the "welcome backs." It's great to hear from everyone. Next week's going to be a blast.

Check back tomorrow--updates to come on other fun events I'm participating in throughout the month ;o)

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

  • At 6:54 AM, Blogger Theresa N. said…

    I like the idea of a grumpy story.+

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The bag is lovely! Thanks for offering readers another great prize!!

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger robynl said…

    Congratulations on working on the collection of Mother's Day stories for 2008. Very exciting!!! I love the black purse, wow.

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Pat L. said…

    ANOTHER GREAT PURSE! WOW, YOU FIND GOOD ONES.
    STAYING WARM?

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    How cool about the book! I like the Grumpy idea!

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger catslady said…

    Congratulations, great ideas too, and belated welcome back :)

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Carol M said…

    Congratulations! I like the Grumpy idea, too!

     
  • At 10:18 PM, Blogger Lindi said…

    Congratulations, Anna!! That's wonderful news.
    And I LOVE the bag.

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your purse contest must be the most unusual on the Web. I imagine that you must have whole rooms to store your personal purse collection ?.

    From:
    Carol Thompson

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Congrats Anna!

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Sabo said…

    The Nine West shoulder bag is absolutely gorgeous! If I should be lucky enough to win it, I will actually use it. You see, I have ONE leather bag for around 35 years. When it starts to get shabby, I take the bag to a leather maker and have another duplicate bag made. Since I had the original, I have only had to have it made two times. A good bag will last forever. You have such good taste in bags that I know that it would be used daily.

     
  • At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    great site keep up the good work, love those purses hope i can be lucky enough to have one they are all great

     

Post a Comment

<< Home