Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Working Late for Me--Good for You!!!

Those of you who've been through a deadline or two with me know that the final month before a deadline is the chained to my keyboard part of the process. I have rough-cut rewrites to do, an ending to pound out (which I can't do until I get the rough draft squared away and go back and figure out all I didn't know before I wrote the ugly stuff), and then targeted edits to weave through the last two weeks or so. Finally, the last two or three days are 24/7 reading and rewriting through the entire manuscript as a whole, one more time.

And since I'm 11 days into the final month of my Dark Legacy deadline (I might have a cover for you guys sometime soon, and I CAN'T WAIT to share what Dorchester's working on), you'll find me blogging at odd hours and frequently and not always coherently, because I need a break sometimes and there's just so much televisionwithoutpity.com a girl can read before she starts feeling like a sarcasm junky.

And if you're wondering why there are pics of tornadoes throughout this post--they're visual aids, in case you were wondering what my brain feels like on deadline ;O) Yep, the funnel clouds and the lightening and the destruction about to happen and even the rainbow. That's my happy little mind at the moment...

Each post this month will be entertaining, no doubt. And some even rewarding beyond the mere experience of sharing in my sleep deprivation (I'll start chatting about new contests tomorrow, so keep coming back--I'll even be sending you to other fun sites for multiple chances to win, and we all like fun, so you'll go, because I say so, and if you know what's good for you, you'll do what the girl with tornadoes in her brain says).

Where was I??? Oh, right, fun.

Tonight, in honor of a quick trip to New York I'm planning in Feb. to speak at a new writing organization I've just joined (more of them coming soon, too) and hopefully to meet with some publishing-type people at Dorchester and Harlequin, I give you...

The best NYC Midtown Lunches...I wonder how many I can fit into a three-day visit?

http://midtownlunch.com/blog/2009/01/07/the-best-midtown-lunches-as-voted-on-by-you-2008-edition/

Check it out...do it...because I say so, and if you know what's good for you... Oh, just go, and have some fun while you drool over all the yummy food pics. I defy anyone to tell me there's not something on this list you're dying for a taste of RIGHT NOW!!! Or maybe that's just my stomach growling...

Which one's my favorite, you ask. Anyone want to take a guess what a girl on deadline craves???

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 3:49 AM, Blogger Jane said…

    All those pics were making me hungry. I'm in NY and have heard of some of these places, but I've never eaten there. Gonna have to go check them out.

    Anna, did you get my emails regarding the prize I won several months back?

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger Maureen said…

    The food looks delicious and I would crave chocolate if I had a deadline.

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger ThatBrunette said…

    Woo-cha! That was quite the dervish of a post!

    As for NY...pizza, bagels and Chinese food. Ah, I miss them. Yes, you can get bad food in NY, it's just less likely.

     
  • At 5:05 AM, Blogger ReadingIsSoMuchFun said…

    Hi Anna! Now you got me wanting to go to NY again LoL, I miss NY pizza & the cheese steak subs yummy.

    Hugssss
    LindaH

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Carol M said…

    The Best Pizza: Naples 45 looks really good! I love pizza! :)
    Carol M

     

Post a Comment

<< Home