Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Friday, April 21, 2006

More Peter, Jumping Around, and a Kick-Ass Review!!!


We could all use a little more Peter in our lives, right???? Wait a minute, that didn't come out right, sigh.

I'm always doing that. But you know what I mean. At least you should. And if you jumped to any other conclusion, well shame on you, tee-hee ;O) Okay, okay, shame on me!

I just received a kick-ass review for The Prodigal's Return. I've included it below because, really, it blew me away, and where else am I going to brag about something like this and not annoy everyone reading it. You ladies put up with me, so I'll do my bragging here!

But first, let me tell you about my new favorite thing. Jumping on my son's trampoline--his HUGE trampoline we got him for Christmas. I'd forgotten how much fun it was, and my ten-year-old's fallen in love with flips and so forth. The best part, is that this is something besides tennis we can do together.

His dad covers most of the other sports. I could take the lead in basketball or soccer, but my son's never been all that interested. So, I'd resigned myself to being the tennis buddy until his game progresses beyond mine (like in about six months at the rate he's going). But now, each night when his friends have gone home or in for dinner, he's begging me to come jump. Me!!! I'm the fun one this time--there's a weight limit on the thing, and the big, strong dh has to sit this one out.

Who knew what we'd bought for Christmas was my ticket to being more of what I always want to be for my child: accessible, fun, easy to talk to? We have some of our best talks while we're out in the backyard trying not to kill each other as we double jump. Sometimes at twilight, we lay on the canvas and stare up at the deepening sky and wait for the stars. He's a poet-in-training, my boy, and it's in these special moments that I start to hear echos of his soul. It's a beautiful thing, trampolines. Go out and pick up one for yourself!!

Okay, the review--from Donna Zapf at www.cataromance com.

5 Stars!!! And while their reviews tend to be more favorable than nasty (a lot of other sites are quite the other way around), they don't give 5s away often. Let me just say in advance, Wow!!! Now if only the Romantic Times reviewer could be pursuaded to do more than read the back cover before writing hers:


***

Like fine wine, Anna DeStefano’s writing improves with each inspired novel she produces, and The Prodigal's Return is the best yet.

Eight years ago Neal Cain was a frightened sixteen year old boy convicted for the involuntary manslaughter of his best friend. His mantra, "survive and never look back, " got him through five years of prison with early release for good behavior. Neal thought he could never go home because he had broken all ties with his father and with Jennifer, the girl he loved. Then his lawyer and long time family friend called to give him some bad news about his ailing father.

After Neal’s sentencing, Jennifer Gardner’s life whirled out of control with wild partying and drugs. She ended up pregnant and a disappointment to her family. She ran away and made a life for herself and her daughter, never expecting to return home. However, when her father called on her for help after his heart surgery she jumped at the chance for a new beginning. Jennifer doesn’t count on the complications of Neal’s reappearance in her life or on her role as a counselor to a pregnant teenager.

Anna DeStefano describes familiar small town settings and enriches them with genuine characters that we easily recognize and identify with. Their struggles and accomplishments come to life through Ms. DeStefano’s creative storytelling. The Prodigal's Return seized my interest and held me captive from the gripping prologue to the gratifying ending. Add The Prodigal's Return to your “to buy list” and keep Anna DeStefano on your "buy anything by this author" list.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Congrats on the great review! I can't wait to read this book!

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Fannie said…

    You rule!!But your fans already knew that. What a fantastic review. Congratulations!!! I agree with your assesment of Peter. Anyway you take it (ha-ha-ha). So glad you have found another way to spend quality time with the kid. They grow up so fast and you can'y go back for a do-over. We only have on shot at it so we need to do it right the first time. Have a great week-end. I am off to Tenn. for a few days to restore tranquility in my life. Hugs.

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Anna,
    Congratulations on the fabulous review! I can't wait to read the book. I love jumping on the trampoline with the kids too. My daughter and I even hoola-hoop together lol. And yes, Peter is always a welcome addition, ahem ... to the blog that is lol.

    Hugs, Zara

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Dena said…

    Great review Anna, I can imagine as a writer besides sales,and reader feedback good reviews makes it worth while.
    I'm a bit nostalgic when you talk about your ten year old. My daughter is 17 now and long gone are the days when Mom was the one to hang out with,boohoo.

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger robynl said…

    Love that you got a great review; yahoo!!

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger ThatBrunette said…

    Congratulations on your review! Excuse me, your KICK ASS review! :-) That picture is very easy on the eyes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home