Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Betty Dreams of an Ordinary Girl


Angelina Jolie...don't care what you think about her politics or her crazy past, but you've got to give the woman credit. She knows how to park her perky buns on the front page and keep them there (even is she has to steal another woman's husband to keep her hooks in the "don't you want to be me" tabloids).

Anyway, I digress...oh, right, anyone who seizes her most fabulous self and refuses to let go like Angie has, impresses the hell out of me!!!! She's been having the most fabulous day ever for so long, I suspect she keeps a groundhog chained in her halogen-lit, sans-shadow basement.

She's the golden girl, and I dig a brunette who can pull off the glittery gold thing. She's glamorous Betty to the rest of our Wilmas. Cosmetically altered to the point that her dewy glow has been preserved to perfection (intact, even, just days after a C-section, we're now told), while us mere mortals are left to age about as gracefully as a peeled apple left out in the sun. Okay, not that quickly, but everything's relative, and have you seen Ms. Brangelina lately??? We're so not Betty-worthy...

And, oh yeah. This guy she's hanging out with? He's more perfect than she is... Okay, we kinda have to hate her for that, but he's kind of screwed his ex to be with Ms. A, so how fab. could he really be?

Digressing again...

My point is, wouldn't it be nice to be a Betty for a day??? My theory is we all have our Betty moments, we're just not always paying attention... Say, like when your'e dancing with a girl friend at a reader convention full of, say, perfect-looking men...and one of the models who's a good friend of hers sidles up to dance with your group...and someone wants to take a picture ('cause everyone's always taking his pickie)... and that someone says, how 'bout a kiss???

LOL!! A friend sent me this picture from another friend's site (thanks, Dana)... I'm not Angelina, but it was a pretty hot dress, and Bill Freda is not only a fun man to dance with but a FREAKIN' HOTTIE!!! Sure said girlfriend and I went back to our real lives where we're busy writers and wives and mothers (so Wilma sometimes, it's easy to lose who you are in the midst), but for just a moment, we got to be Betties!!!

Don't forget to celebrate your Bettiness, ladies (and for my gentleman visitors, your Bradness, without the whole being a bastard to your wife part) ;O). When you're drowning in every day, you can't always see the montaintop. It's good to have a momento to remind you (this picture's going in my scrap book for sure). And Betty inspiration is good for all kinds of practical applications beyond boosting the ego. My husband thinks my dress is hot, too. He's taking me out to dinner so he can have it (that is, me) to himself all night ;O)

Have you ever had a "Dancing with Bill Freda" sighting, a Betty moment, or otherwise have stumbled across your most fabulous Angie self when you least expected it???

16 Comments:

  • At 11:46 PM, Blogger Dana Pollard said…

    I had a Betty moment. And yes, it was at RT. And yes, it was fricken awesome baby!! ;)

    Thanks for the post. It did boost my ego.

    Glad you liked the picture. I should have more sometime next week. Who knows what I'll find! hehe

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger Dena said…

    I have seen another picture of you at RT dancing away with your dream cover guy Peter. So that's two,two!!Betty moments Anna.You looked great by the way,so now I can be even more jealous,lol.

    That is so sweet to say about your wife.

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Meljprincess said…

    I've had lots of Betty moments. But, alas, they're all in the past.

    I admire Angelina 'cause of her work as a Goodwill Ambassador. After she married Brad I was a bit disappointed. I thought she was smarter than that. *snort*

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    You guys crack me up... N0odz1, you go on loving your Angeline (and being a little bit bad). Those are the things we LOVE about you ;O)

    Dena, no fair... You're not share the wealth. Please, please email me the picture of me dancing with Peter (or at least the link, so I can beg it off of the owner)... My scrapbook is hitting the jackpot this week!!!

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Carol M said…

    I can't say I've had any Betty moments. I've led a pretty quiet life.

    I've never been a fan of Brad's either, Mel.

    Thanks again for the package, Anna! :)

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    When I first read the post title...I thought you were talking about Betty from the Archie comics...LOL...you know Betty and Veronica...LOL. Then I read the post.

    I have never had a Betty moment...kind of sad.

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    Oh come on girls, we need to dress to kill, kick our high-fashion (but discount ;O) heels up and do Betty right.

    Homework, everyone. Must have a Betty moment before the month's done!!! I want to hear all about it during the July launch party ;O)

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Anna,

    Funny, but I just had a great moment on Tuesday night. I took my son to the library where they were sponsoring a baseball program. A collegiate team that plays in NC for the summer. My son was having a great time, and one of the ball players started hitting on me. I couldn't believe it! This guy was about 20 years old! Needless to say, I was flattered, but had to set him straight. But boy, it sure made me feel good! Cute boy too!

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    That homework is easier said than done Anna! LOL

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger tastefully yours said…

    n0odz1 you are to funny. I can see my husband making a post almost identical. Your wife is very lucky!

    Anna, The posts are always so great! LOL

    BTW, I received my auction package today! Thanks again! I can't wait to enjoy everything.

     
  • At 1:14 AM, Blogger catslady said…

    Mine are all in the past too but so far I still have the memories lol.

    Mel, they ain't married yet!!

    Anna, thanks again for the books and goodies!!

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Blogger Hvnly777 said…

    Oye, I'm not sure if I was supposed to post my "comment" on your most recent blog or not. Hence, please grant me a pardon if I double posted.......YIKES!!!

    Anyway, here's what I posted on your "June 18th" blog:
    "I'm very sorry to read that you've been experiencing HACKER (poo-wee) problems with your website; however, I won't let those blogger buggers rain on my parade.

    Please consider this my comment entry for this month's oh so puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurty contest prizes! LOL"

    Thanks,
    Shani :)

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Dena said…

    Hi Anna, I emailed you the picture from the blog I seen it on. I'm not sure if I should say what blog if it's okay? You can say if it's okay,it doesn't look very good when I copyed it though,boohoo. Hopefully it will look better when you recieve it.

     
  • At 4:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Anna,
    You are a Betty! That's a great picture too. Lucky girl!

    I was a Betty when I met my husband. After marriage and two children, I'm more of a Wilma with occasional Bettiness. I'm good with that. It's the days that I feel like Barney that I can't handle lol.

    Hugs, Zara

     
  • At 6:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oh I detest A.J. and how the Ho stole Mr Tight Buns from J.A. And she is so freakin proud of herself for it too....But I also Digress *sigh* I want a Funky Purse!

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I had a Betty moment years ago. Before children, when more of my moments were Betty (now they are more Peg Bundy than even Wilma). I was walking into a store when a guy stopped me and asked me if I was a model or something because I looked so familiar to him. I got asked that kind of thing frequently back then because of my height. So, whoever that kind guy was i always think of him when I feel like Wilma.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home