Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Monday, July 03, 2006

Mascarade...

Paper Faces on Parade...


The chasam between what's there and what we see is, well, it's everything.

It's the difference between fearing the dance and celebrating a night of magic. Believing we can, and losing ourselves in all that could go wrong. Between a beautiful dream and the destruction that doubt so quickly becomes.

What's up with me tonight??? Revisions...

And let me tell you, no matter how much you love your characters and your story, no matter how much you love the work, revisions will sometimes suck.

It's hard work. So much is unknown. So much could still go wrong with the dance. Your mind will try to convince you that it's best not to try.

Don't believe drivel like that.

Keep at it, whatever your dance is. Whatever your dream. Don't let the doubt win. Keep fighting.

At the end of my fight, I'll have another book to share. Your pay-off will be different, but no less precious. Make your dance about whatever you need it to be to keep you fighting. A little diversion every now and then, for the sake of grand inspiration, is a good thing.

Because look how fierce you can be, once you embrace your mask and take the chances that will make your parade shine ;o)

Happy 4th, all my American friends. Happy Canada Day, to our buddies from the north. And to everyone else, enjoy you're week.

I'll be dreaming and believing that my editor (and my readers) will be thrilled with The Perfect Daughter, once I'm done tinkering.

Now where did I put that mask????

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home