Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

My Twin, Jessica Simpson

Count down to the blog Launch Party...fun and friends and prizes...

Come back Wednesday when we kick the party off, and again on Thursday when I guest blog on Romance B(uy) the Book. We'll move the party over there for a day and see if we can't find some new online friends (that'll be the day I give away the sparkly gold Guess evening bag and wallet everyone loved ;O) We'll keep the party going through the weekend and into next week. I'll invite everyone over to my eHarlequin book club one day--if you're already reading The Prodigal's Return, check out the discussion any time you like... the water's nice!

http://community.eharlequin.com/webx?50@421.TbYPaygzRgk.187829@.4a83ad1a

So on with the Jessica Simpson connection (Jack, I'm including a pic, just for you, love ;O).

You see, we share the same birthday (the 10th), though I'm sorry to say she's a tad younger than me--I know, I know, you couldn't hardly believe it, right?

I've actually met very few people with birthdays in July, outside of my family. It seems lots of my relatives like to get busy around Thanksgiving, though, so I have lots of cousins to share the limelight with each year...and of course Jessica ;O)

I wanted to do something fun for the new release party, so let's go with a birthday theme! I found this great book a few years back that's supposed to use numerology and astrology, as well as insight into what was going on in the world when you were born, to show you how your day, month and year of birth helped determine who and what you've become. I bought it for research, not really buying into this sort of thing, as I considered various paranormal ideas for future books.

Anyway, here's what it predicted for me, based on my info. If you'd like to play along, leave your year, month and day of birth in the comments and I'll do a few more "readings" from the book each day.

Okay, here's me...looking forward to "doing" some of you ;O)

The Emotive Speaker... you have intense, passionate feelings that cannot be contained...you are determined to be a success...blessed with excellent communication skills, you'd make a great best-selling novelist, motivational speaker, or advertising executive...putting your ideas before the public gives you a great deal of satisfaction...A born romantic, you delight in listening to love songs, watching old movies, and touring ancient cities...your biggest strength is being able to connect with people on a grand scale. Use this strength to spread a message of love and compassion throughout the world...

Let me just say, this book has spooked me more than once. I've looked up friends and family, and the results are sometimes waaaaaay too accurate. Give it a try, and you might get a little spooked yourself!

See everyone Wednesday!

17 Comments:

  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Sounds like fun.
    Year: 1971
    Day: 8
    Month: 8

    Can't wait for the launch party!

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger Fannie said…

    Sounds like fun to me.
    June 11, 1943
    That means I've been around for awhile. I've love all of it and wouldn't trade any, well maybe, a tiny bit here and there. I look at birthdays like this, you don't get a year older, only a day. One day you are 62 and the next 63. A year hasn't past, just one day.
    Looking forward to the party and getting my copy of you book. Hugs.

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Ok, not sure I want to know . . . but mine's Dec. 3, 1961. This should be interesting.

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger Dana Pollard said…

    Joining in all the fun...

    Month: February
    Day: 17 (mom tried her hardest to have me on Valentine's, but I was stubborn)
    Year: 1974 (yes the 70's DID rock, I was born in them)

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger CrystalGB said…

    8/16/1970
    Looking forward to the launch party!

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger Dena said…

    Wow that book sure had you down pat.SPOOKY.
    I just had my birthday on the 6th[July 6th,1966=the BIG 4---0]and I know tons of people's b-days in July,lol.I can think of ten off the top of my head,I won't bore everyone with a list though.

    I'm really looking forward to the launch party Anna,it sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun.

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger robynl said…

    Woohoo, ready for the party!!!
    April 14, 1950

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Happy Birthday!!

    Can't wait for the launch party!

    My b-day is December 16, 1982.

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Estella said…

    I'll give it a try. 11/23/1942

     
  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger Meljprincess said…

    Do me, Anna! *g* 8-11-1963
    Wow, lot o' August birthdays in here. :-)

     
  • At 4:09 PM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    Wow, guys!! I think I stumbled across something everyone will enjoy ;O)

    I'll just go down the list, a few each day. If we run out of launch party, we'll just keep going 'til we're done.

    It's going to be fun!!

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger catslady said…

    Sounds like fun - 11/29/50 (a very good year Roybn lol).

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Anna,
    Are you going to have The Prodigal's Return at the big signing in Atlanta?

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    Jennifer, yep,I'll be there with TPR. Am even bringing some of my author copies, just in case the bookseller had a problem getting a July release.

    Hope all my local buddies are planning on coming to the RWA Literacy Autographing on Wednesday the 26th, from 5:30 - 8:30. It'll be at the downtown Marriott, all of your favorite Romance authors will be there. Here's the latest list:

    https://www.rwanational.org/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?Site=RWA&WebKey=184c16eb-82b3-40df-bc2f-16087bae5e13

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    I'll be at the signing since it is open to the public...can't afford the whole conference.

     
  • At 1:25 AM, Blogger Pat Cochran said…

    Hello to all! My date of birth: August 24, 1936.
    Thanks..............

     
  • At 4:01 AM, Blogger Minna said…

    This sounds like fun! 7/9/76

     

Post a Comment

<< Home