Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Friday, January 16, 2009

"Heat" Sitings and Web Contest Prize Sneak Peak

There's always such a stir in the comments when I show off prizes ;o)

And I totally understand the excitement for new, beautiful things. To further oblige, I highly recommend you keep reading for a sneak peak of the new...direction...my website contest prizes are going to be taking this year. How's that for a teaser, bwahahahahaah...

But first, I had some excitement of my own on Wednesday.

First--and this is HUGE. I got out of my house, actually fashionably dressed and washed and brushed and everything, for an appointement. Even more excititng than that feat (because I'm mostly a cruddy, on-deadline writer these days), I gave myself permission to stop at a bookstore.

Usually, this creates potential for hours of lost time, as I'm prone to wander in such a heavenly environ. But I was a girl on a mission, and that was to see how my New York Silhouette editor and co. were handling the Jan. 13th realease of my new anthology. Would it be on the Sil. category racks? Would there be any push for sales?

Well...the pics sprinkled about this post are of WINTER HEAT ON A SHELF UP FRONT IN BORDERS!!! I didn't make it over to our B&N (but I will some time today/tomorrow). But at Borders/Waldenbooks, my publisher has spent what's called co-op money to place the book amongst the "Read This" sections of tables and shelves at the front of a chain store. A great thing for sales, because a lot of readers head to this section first.

So, yep, that's Winter heat, facing out (HUGE advantage, because readers love them a pretty cover), one shelf above Sherry Kenyon, and I must say our frosty blue cover pops just lovely next to all that black. And, yep, thats me/us next to Jeffery Archer and above Tim Dorsey.





Notice all the NYT Bestselling lead lines on the covers surrounding Winter Heat. I think we really look at home, don't you?

Just working with Vicky and Jade was such a treat, anthing over and above that is gravey. But this was quite a moment for little 'ol me, and I couldn't help snapping a few pictures. And... If you look closely enough at the number of copies of each book in the frame, I think...yes...yes I do believe there are only two copies of Winter Heat left (on the day it released) and, oh my, so many more of all the other titles...

That's just wishful thinking for good sales, I know, but a girl's got to dream, right???

Come back over the weekend for one final Winter Heat excerpt, BTW.

Speaking of working with dream people you'll feel lucky for having worked with for the rest of your life, you should go check out this amazing woman I've been priviledged to meet and began creating with the final few months of '08--Marci Fried:

http://www.mollye.net/about_the_artist.html

I met Marci at the High Museum of Art here in Atlanta, where she's shown numerous times, as well as at other locations in and around the South East. Her jewelry is not only museum quality, it's amazingly creative and unique, and brings together the old and the new and surprises you with symbolism in ways I couldn't help but stop and admire, and then chat with her about and then meet with her for lunch to chat about some more... Take a look at some of the beautiful things Marci Fried does:

http://www.mollye.net/vintage.html

http://www.mollye.net/custom_designs.html

I'm so excited to be planning to tell you more in the coming months--about a custom line of jewelry we're working on together, to represent/promote symbols in my upcoming "Legacy" series with Dorchester. See--I really am a tease, beacause that's all I'm going to tell you about that for now.

Except so say that Marci needs coaxing, so coax her in the comments so she'll come out and play. Then go check out out her fashion blog, too, and watch for her great ideas over there (I've already subscribed).

Now, getting back to my website prizes: I'm going to be spotlighting Marci's jewelry a lot this year, because she inspires me. I find myself wearing her creations when I need to feel that hopeful, positive vibe that makes the writing flow...

So, the blue butterfly necklace to the left is someting she designed for me--to match my website butterfly... That's right, it's mine--MINE!!!

I wear it a lot while I write, and get raves when I take it out to play in the real world.

But THIS beauty is the necklace I've chosen for my next big website contest prize. You didn't think I'd forget my online buddies, did you?

I'll have details up on the site (and much, much more about Marci and our collaboration together) after Dark Legacy goes into my editor.

Until then, drool and oooh and aaaahhh and say hi to Marci in the comments, and dream of all the exiting, beautiful things to come this year ;o)

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Maureen said…

    Hi Anna and Marci!
    I checked out Marci's website and her necklaces are beautiful

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Jane said…

    Hi Anna and Marci,
    I love the necklaces in the Memento Collection.

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger ReadingIsSoMuchFun said…

    Hello Anna & Marci!

    Beautiful cover for Winter Heat Anne :)

    I love butterflies and both the necklaces looks very beautiful. I would love to win one :)

    Hugssss
    LindaH

     
  • At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello,
    I feel so fortunate to have met Anna. She has told me how special her readers are to her and it's easy to see how much she enjoys her writing experiences. Anna and I have found a wonderful chemistry, as you may know besides being an incredibly talented writer she is extremely gifted artist. I find that Anna's geniune caring for the people in her life,her energy, inteligence, and creativity to be an inspiration for me.
    I look forward to hearing more from her loyal readers. I know both Anna and I want to create beautiful pieces that make each women feel special and part of Anna's unique and wonderful world.
    Best always,
    Marci

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger ThatBrunette said…

    The jewelry is lovely, especially the butterfly pieces. I also like the vintage pins and necklaces.

    Anna, is your life a little less hectic, now? Your blogging from last year seemed so frazzled.

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    Yeah, last year was about learning in a pretty rough way. Learning how and when to say no. And how to say and "do" yes, without doing everything myself. And how to put everything into my writing, without giving it all away.

    Last year was about cleansing and assessing and taking in how far I've come and assessing the next steps that are available to me, because of all that hard work. It was about planning and building new things, but only after I gave myself the time to feel what already was.

    This month (the first January of my 40s), I'm phasing out a lot of old things and embracing a lot of new. And I'm keeping what's most important in what I already am--family, friends and a passion for creating and communicating with the world through feelings.

    It's still crazy and hectic around here, and I once again find myself with three books to finish/write before the fall. But I'm working on the frazzled, and I'm still working on me.

    All-in-all, not a bad way to begin the next forty years of my life ;o)

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger CrystalGB said…

    Beautiful jewelry. Marci is very talented.

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Joan said…

    Sorry about the spammers. They ruin things for everyone. I love the jewelry. Looking forward to Winter Heat.

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Fannie said…

    I finished Winter Heat. Great book. All 3 are talented authors and you all seemed to write well together. Congrats on a job well done. I went and looked at Marci's jewelry and it is beautiful. I especially liked the butterfly pieces. I love and collect butterflies so of course I'd like to win the necklace. Have a great day and hugs to all.

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger Minna said…

    They all look so lovely!

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger robynl said…

    Fannie, we must be kindred spirits as I also love butterflies and collect anything(almost)with butterflies on the object or any kind of medium that the butterfly comes in.

    Very nice jewellery indeed.

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger Gigi said…

    This is a lovely piece of jewelry,
    Marci is a very gifted artist.

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I love the butterfly jewlery!

    On another note :) - I need more information on Dark Legacy!

    Please -

    I just got the list of available books to review this year from Dorchester. Dark Legacy is on it as a September release. I've not been able to find out what it's about though.

    Tammie King
    Owner Night Owl Romance
    http://www.nightowlromance.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home