Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Release Party!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to our little party corner of the Net.

The Prodigal's Return should be on most shelves by now, and I just had my birthday, so I'm feeling quite the thing.

I'll be giving away prizes each day to one lucky guest randomly drawn from everyone who leaves a comment that day.

One Funky Purse, and one Borders gift certificate each day (gotta keep my guys happy, as well as supplying their wives with purses, should our manly friends win ;O) All I ask for is for you to have loads of fun while you hang out, and that you be patient as I mail everything out in the midst of revising my next Super, due out in Feb. '07.

Today's goody will be the BCBG travel bag... Tomorrow, the golden Guess evening purse and wallet combo, so come back.


I'll be leaving links some days to fun stuff I'm doing other places online, so keep checking back. There will always be something new.

And if you leave me your birthday info, I'll be doing some "readings" from this cool book I found a few years ago. Check out yesterday's post for info on that.

So, the topic of the day: What's your absolute dream birthday surprise??? What would make for the most special celebration ever?

And to begin our readings, we have (I'll be doing these in order of receipt... leave me your digits and we'll get there, I promise ;O) :

Tam, a1960 Leo

The Smart Sensationalist...A brilliant performer who can attract the loyalty of repeate audiences...a flare for drama...you may have an intuitive sense of how to play to the back row...loyal and loving, you come from the heart in all you do...a unique character with a marvelous gift for gab, you know how to make a point...you have unusual insight into the workings of people's minds...for all your self-confidence, you can also be altruistic and a loyal friend to many...powerful, devoted and gentle, you can offer an example of inspired leadership through service to a higher cause.

(and if she were a Gemini) The Bright Spark ...you're a mix of artful skill and intelligent action...you can pick up new ideas and carry them forward in your life...you are super-smart, with guile and cunning to match...while you have a strong sense of justice, you also like to learn all sides of an issue...you are gifted in geting your message across to anyone, anywhere...while you like convenience, you are really interested in people who have a lust for life...often restless, you may find it hard to stay in one place for long...

Sandra, a 1971 Leo (NOTE: I originally posted a reading from 1970--sorry, Sandra!!!)

The Creative Protagonist...you have a deep sense of compassion and a flair for the dramatic...your natural showmanship is modified by a need to accomplish something worthwhile in your life, and this works best when you are a team player, even if you are the most valued or talented member in the group...you have an unusually serious attitude that reflects your determination to overcome great adversity...you probably have a strong desire to create something worthwhile, somthing that makes people reflect or that has an enduring influence...you probably prefer to be your own boss in business, or have arranged a great deal of independence for yourself...at times you can be moody or thoughtful...you love to be in love...when you see a tough situation, you hve the talent, vision, and plan of action to achieve a meaningful solution

How are we doing so far? Hitting anywhere close to home?

Can't wait to see everyone!! Leave a comment about the day's question, your birthday facts if you want to play along, or whatever random thing moves you...we'll love it all. And if you've started reading The Prodigal's Return, tell us about that, too ;O)

27 Comments:

  • At 12:12 AM, Blogger robynl said…

    If somehow my girlfriend of many years could come down for one of my birthdays and that my dh would throw me a party. My gf lives two provinces away from me and we haven't seen each other for app. 14 yrs. but talk often and e-mail.

    Great prizes again and hoping I win one, Anna.

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Maureen said…

    I would love a birthday where I didn't have to lift a finger all day.

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger CrystalGB said…

    I would love a big surprise party for my birthday in August with all my family in attendance. We don't get to have everyone together often and it would be great to be with everyone.

    Great prizes,Anna. You always have great items to give away to your readers. :)

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    I think I'd love a travel birthday surprise...when I dont' have a deadline hanging over my head, that is.

    My husband did this once, when were didn't have children yet and I was still working an office job. He cleared my schedule with my boss, planned everything out, and basically met me at the door with my suitcase packed.

    Ah...to be young again with no attachments...but I kind of love my attachments, too ;o)

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey Anna,

    My reading sounds pretty close. I do best when I work for myself - my husband and I own our own company and I'm the one who keeps us organized and on schedule!
    My biggest best birthday surprise would be a party with my entire family. We live in different states, and being together would be the best present.
    I've read The Prodigal's Return and really enjoyed it. Loved the characters!

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Anna,

    Happy (late) Birthday! I hope it was a great one! My birthday is this Sunday. It is July 16, 1973. I would love to hear what your book says. I agree with you, in that a vacation for just my husband and I would be pure bliss! A funky purse would be amazing too, not that I'm hinting or anything lol.

    Happy upcoming birthday to Kim W as well! There are quite a few of us Cancer babies lol.

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    WooHoo! Let's Party!! Great Prize!

    My absolute dream birthday surprise would be a trip somewhere or one of those expensive fancy cakes that you see on the Food Network cooking competitions. It most special celebration ever if all of my family could be there.

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Oh, and happy birthday to all the July birthdays and everyone else (you all have a birthday eventually...LOL)!

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger Fannie said…

    I had my perfect birthday this year. All my family arrived and a lot of close friends. They cooked and cleaned and I sat back like a queen. Of course, having my 4 grandsons was a bonus. I was given a trip to Pigeon Forge and got to see several shows which was great. Now one of your great prizes would complete the perfection. I am having all my family again this week-end cause I am getting my first grand daughter on Friday. Not that I am excited or anything like that.
    Hugs.

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger Meljprincess said…

    Wheeeee! Party Time!! My dream birthday would be me and the Deppster or Navarro alone in a room together. *g*
    That travel bag is so cute. It's very "springy". Good luck everybody!

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger kerri1973 said…

    Anna a/k/a Buttercup!

    Yo, what up, my peeps??!! :-p I have so missed these little gatherings and I've been out living the single life lately and have not been online as much as I'd like to. I'm so thrilled that Anna has a new book out and I know that it will be faboo. I'm a 1973 Virgo and I have to say one thing about birthdays...as long as I get to spend them being healthy and being with family & friends...I'm totally happy! Hugs to all. Smooches to Buttercup.

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    Tam, I'm so sorry!!! I saw "8" and went to the wrong side of July. I left the "June" reading for your day up for everyone to enjoy, but went back and looked up your lovely LEOness, too ;O)

    Let us know if it's closer to who you are...you sound like a fun girl to me ;O)

     
  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger Estella said…

    I would love for my husband to surprise me with a trip to Hawaii on my birthday.

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger catslady said…

    I'm always happy with a nice dinner out but that cruise sounds heavenly.

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger tastefully yours said…

    1973 Sagittarius

    My dream suprise would be a romantic getaway with my husband.

    Although I wouldn't see something like that for a while being he threw me a surprise 30th birthday a couple of years ago and I had no clue. A total surprise!

    BTW the prizes are great as always!

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Hmmmm . . . what I would like as my birthday surprise is a quiet day with a nice home-cooked meal (that I didn't have to cook. lol.) and children that got along with each other for the whole day.

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger Angie-la said…

    Ok, Anna, how about doing 10/29/59?

    And I'm getting to the point in life where if I am above the dirt, its a good birthday!!! :P
    Seriously, I would love a surprise trip, maybe somplace romantic.... Just the DH and I, now that the fruit of the loins are self-sufficient!

     
  • At 11:41 PM, Blogger slehan said…

    Aug 12 1948 - another Leo.

    A trip to New Zealand - a place I've always wanted to go.

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Blogger ReadingIsSoMuchFun said…

    My dream birthday would be to getaway from NJ for a few days. Go somewhere nice with my fiance. I been in NJ to long and want to getaway LoL.

    Another is to win one of your prizes from here *Winks* Hint, Hint LoL. My b-day is August 29th.

    Linda.H.

     
  • At 12:14 AM, Blogger Missy Tippens said…

    Happy Birthday, Anna!!

    My dream birthday would be a week at the beach with a stack of books. A nice beach chair and umbrella and big glass of iced tea would make it perfection. And of course my family along for times between reading books. :)

    Please enter me in your drawing! How fun!

     
  • At 12:15 AM, Blogger Missy Tippens said…

    Oh, and I meant to see if you could do a reading for Aquarius 1962.

    Thanks!
    Missy

     
  • At 12:17 AM, Blogger Hvnly777 said…

    My dream Birthday...An entire day in bed with a gorgeous hunk of a man, with particularly great skills in the art of love making. Yup, that would do it for me! :) LOL

     
  • At 2:20 AM, Blogger Sandy M said…

    I am a Leo (Aug 12) and my birthday surprise would be a trip to Georgia to see my new grandbaby.

     
  • At 5:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    my birthday-6-2-49. my dream birthday................sometimes i think it would be for everyone to forget it--lol, seriously--i'd love a nice quiet afternoon, with a book, glass of wine, and maybe a tiny box of chocolates--yum

     
  • At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My birthday was two days ago on Tuesday ;) I hate to be materialistic, but my dream birthday would be if the Publisher's Clearinghouse team showed up at my front door!

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Happy Birthday! My dream birthday would be a vacation to Hawaii or Australia.

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger Ellory said…

    Hmm..

    My dream birthday would be a vacation with family to Australia or Alaska. (Of course for more than one week - maybe a three week vacation for Australia and 2 for Alaska. )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home