Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

RT 2007 Memories 1: Simple Blessings that ROCK!!!

Yeah, it's been a rough couple of weeks around here...thanks for all your support. We're rocking along okay now. And, guess what! When I stop to think about all the unexpected good stuff that surprises you (online friends included ;o) in the midst of the unexpected bad, rough just doesn't seem quite as scary, does it?

Like--my son's graduating from elementary school next week. I'm so proud and in awe of how far he's come. Mom moments are striking lightening fast every day now. Didn't expect to be so caught up in this mini right of passage. But here I am wanting to memorize every second and store them away for when he's grown and gone and off making someone else's world better just by being a part of it.

Check back tomorrow for a list of all the prizes I owe everyone--I'll let you know who I have addresses for and who I still need to hear from. Once I have everything in the mail, I'll start doing weekly give aways of the oodles of goodies I brought back from RT--starting next week, I hope.

And speaking of simple blessings and RT, it wasn an AMAZING week, and a hard one, since I was so far away from my mom when she got sick. But my husband was here to look after my family, and there were some simple blessings in store for me to make sure I stayed grounded in the moment in Houston. One of the best things about the Romantic Times conference is getting to know the folks who come year after year--fellow writers, RT staff, fans, and of course the models who are the stars of the week.


Here's a pic of me with fellow authors Arianna Heart (Cat Cody) and Patrice Michelle at the Ellora's Cave Moulin Rouge party. Dressed up and ready to dance and have a great time!


And another with model and great guy Steve Rossi, who's on the cover of the Crossing Realms calendar this year (http://crossingrealmsllc.com/). We were smooshed together for a group photo, taken by the very talented photographer Rose Germano, or her equally talented husband Anthony...not sure which...I was distracted). It was a hardship, but I managed to "hang in there" and be a joiner ;o)


More hunky guy photos, you say!!! Here's one of my favorites from the week--Brooks Johnson, who's spotlighted in this years Ellora's Cave calendar (which I'll be giving away a signed copy of later in the month ;o). Brooks is on the right, signing calendars with buddy EC model Lorenzo. Nice guys shouldn't be this beautiful...it's just not good for a woman's blood preassure!


One final group shot, until I get to my big suprise (if I didn't string you along, you wouldn't believe I was back to full writing strength ;o) Another shot from the first night's party--the girls again, grouped around EC model Devin...the medical student and exotic dancer (killer combination). These are really the greatest, most interesting people. So much fun to catch up with each year at the events!!!


Okay, the simple blessings part of the week-long RT experience--at least one of them.

Because I know so many of the staff and regulars, and because one of the female models that pose with the Mr. Romance conetestants in the model competition that concludes the conference each year couldn't be there, and I guess because I have big, too-much-like-romance covermodel-hair, I was asked to pose up on stage with the Mr. Romance contestants this year!!!!!


Fun, fun, fun...great fun and I got to do something I never thought I had in me (getting up on stage to do anything more than teach sooooo isn't me, despite the hair, for those of you who are just getting to know me). And the perks--spending time with great guys and getting to live out all those fantasy romance poses and cover clutches...sigh...I'll be back next post to tell you more.

Until then, here's one of the pictures that are slowly trickling in from the show--this is during the Western Pose portion of the contest, and I'm working with Jason Santiago--2007's Mr. Romance winner!!!

Photo once again compliments of Rose and Anthony, of A&RPhotography. Check out their MySpace page. Buy a callendar. You won't be disappointed.(http://www.myspace.com/a_n_r_photography).

Yes, it was like a dream. A three-hour-long, hero-filled dream ;o)

Come back to hear more!!! Like how GQ covered the event, including the rehersals and the behind the scenes stuff...oh my gosh!!!

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger ThatBrunette said…

    Congratulations on your son's graduation. You've earned it as much as he has!

    I'd love to hear more about the shows. The pose you showed looks like the cover of a book.

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger robynl said…

    Anna, poor soul, having to stand next to so many men and.... lol, I'm just teasing. I'm sure it wasn't a hardship at all.

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That had to be such a tough job...posing with all those hot and handsome guys, but someone had to do it...right. Am I envious... oh, yeah!
    Congratulations on your son's graduation. Best wishes for good health, good times and for good friends and family. Take care.

    Shari

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Carol M said…

    Congrats on your son's graduation!

    Wow! Did you have a good time at Rt or what! lol

     
  • At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks like you had a blast. Thanks for sharing the photos.

    You brought us back goodies. How nice. Hope I dont miss out - am going away Tues to Fla. So if you dont get to listing giveaways til after I get back, that is fine with me (the foll. Monday - LOL).

     
  • At 2:16 AM, Blogger Sue A. said…

    Congrats to you and your son on his graduation!

    You should definitely get that photo of you and Jason Santiago framed. That photo looks so hot and intense. Are there any more photos?

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger catslady said…

    Wow - you're both gorgeous - what a great pic.

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Cherie J said…

    Congrats on your son's graduation! Great pictures! Looks like fun.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home