Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Author Interrupted

Thank you so much, my online friends, for the emails you've sent recently wondering where I'd wandered off to and sharing hopes that everything's okay. Well, yes and no, and the no part's been why I haven't been able to hang out lately. But I'm working my way back to a normal schedule, and your support's meant so much to me!!!

The end of March was just mania around here--spammers making my life a living nightmare, new book contracts coming in, tons of promotion still to do for the Feb. book, as well as an avalanche of planning for the July one, travelling, family stuff out the ying yang. Don't you just hate it when your ying yang gets in your way???? I was overwhelmed but looking forward to keeping my online routine going. I needed to be out here sharing and listening and enjoying with all of you. I still do.

But a few unexpected phone calls was all it took to blow that plan to hell and back. The first one kicked an existing commitment into high gear. Then came a few others that insisted I stop, smell the roses, and focus on friends who really, really needed my time. I won't go into details, except to say it's been a difficult few weeks for people that I care deeply about. Like nothing else, concern for what others are going through can stop me in my tracks, and for a while and it quite literally has done that this time. I wouldn't have been any use to anyone out here, so I faded away until I could handle everything better.

Long story short, I'm fighting my way back. I have great news to share and lots of energy returning that will hoepfully keep me going through the next few weeks of finishing my Feb '07 book, The Perfect Daughter. Granted I have a newsletter to get out, a website contest to award prizes for (I'm waaaaay past due on that one), and lots of new online friends to coax out here, but we'll get there. One step at a time, that's my current plan.

Just to get things rolling, I'm including a pic of my July cover--for The Prodigal's Return!! And here's a quote from NY Times Best Selling author, Haywood Smith: "A wonderful story...that tugs at your heart and leaves you with a satisfied sigh."

Thanks again for being such good friends!!

Anna

7 Comments:

  • At 12:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Anna,
    Don't you worry about a thing! We have missed you, but goodness knows you have a lot going on. I hope you and your family are doing well now. Your family and your health come first. So take care of you. You give so much to your readers, but we understand that you are human (albeit a very special one). I love the new cover too!
    Big hugs, Zara

     
  • At 6:06 AM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    Thanks, Zara. The family's doing great, though it's that crazy busy time of the year when school's almost out and there never seems to be enough time.

    And, yeah, the human thing bites sometimes. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to rally when the water gets too choppy, instead of needing to go under like a mere mortal and fight your way back like everyone else?

    Hey, that's an interesting metaphor...I'm on a roll with the book right now, can't help myself ;O)

    Hugs right back to ya'!

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger robynl said…

    So glad all is well or at least on the up; love the cover and can't wait for the story. Happy Easter!!!

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger Fannie said…

    You were missed by all of us. I understand that life can throw us curves occasionally and we just have to go with it. Family, friends, work and commitments are all part of living. You seem to have yours in the correct order. So happy to have you back with us. The new cover is fabulous!!!. Getting all excited about it. Won't be long now. Hugs.

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Welcome Back! We have missed you, but we understand! Nice cover!

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Dena said…

    Glad your back and understand the reasons for your disappearance. I'm also happy your family is doing great.Taking care of you and yours is always a first consideration.That thing called time always has such a mind of its own.lol.I like your metaphor too,no one could say shes not a writer. take care

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger flowersfleurbelle said…

    Hello from an English teacher in California. I am avoiding correcting some really bad essays, still on spring break and found your blog, very interesting and fun. I will now have to read one of yopur books and join one of your contests as well !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home