Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Friday, July 21, 2006

Pant, Pant, Pant...and it's not what you're thinking ;O)

Sorry!!!!!! I totally missed posting yesterday, after being so good all week.

Want to know the truth? I came off weeks of doing nothing but promoting The Prodigal's Return and revising The Perfect Daughter, and I couldn't stand being home a moment longer. Spent the whole day running errands and loving it, then after picking my son up from Vacation Bible School, spent all afternoon and into the evening with my family--those lovely folks who've been so patient with me while I did what I had to do to get the book done.

So, long story short, I was a naughty online no-show, but I had the best day!!! What was it I always say...Spank me, I'm done!!!!!

Okay, everyon done ;O)

First off, Wednesday's winner are:

Joelle...the "Sunny" bag us yours!!!
Billie...you get the last Borders gift certificate

Mucho Thanks, everyone who came out to the NovelTalk chat Wednesday night. We had a huge group, and tons of fun. My only complaint, it was over waaaayyy too soon. I'm just getting the winners info now from Deb at Noveltalk, and those prizes should be going out next week, too.

Here's the blog launch party winner round-up!!! If you're name's on the list and you haven't sent me your updated mailing address, I've added an * after your name . If you've already sent the address, but there's an *, please send it again, 'cause I didn't get it:

BCBG travel bag--Estelle
Guess Gold purse and wallet combos--Julie from Ohio and Jennifer Yates
XoXo heart purse--Kerri 1973
Ann Klien bag--Elli
Lavander Straw bag--Dana Pollard
"Sunny" bag--Joelle*

Daily Borders gift certificate winners:

Myrtleme
ThatBrunette*
Readingissomuchfun*
Bambella
nOodz1
Billie*

Mailing update: Because of my naughtiness yesterday and next week's RWA conference, my husband is taking over mailing out all prizes, because the unfocused author is not to be trusted. They're being packed up today and will go out next week. Thank you, thank you for your patience. I know everyone's going to LOVE thier goodies!!

Pirates was a FUN movie...more action adventure and amazing special affects that story or character...except for the end, where we get the great characterization from the first movie back...I'd have liked to have seen more of that throughout, but it was still a blast, and they've soooooooo set up come great hooks for the third one. Even a love triangle ;O) It should be great!!

Glad everyone's loving All American Father...it's going to be such a fun book. Can't wait to dive in...a few more days of the "real" world, and I'll be ready. Good thing there's a writing convention next week--great motivation ;O)

I've done two interviews this week, one for the Atlanta Journal and Constitution, the other the Gwinette Daily Post...no promises, but they're both working on articles about the RWA conference and were looking for local authors to spotlight...we'll see ;O)

Will check back in later tonight...Congrats to all the winners, and thanks for making the launch of TPR sooooooo much fun. I knew I could count on my online pals!! I'm getting emails every day from readers who were touched by this story. That's the good stuff, that and knowing you'll be here to share the new with ;O)

Late Update: More readings...how could I have forgotten? More soon!!!

Jennifer y., 1982 Sagittarius--

The Fourtunate Recipient...you own the propensity for timing necessary events with an eye toward doing what must be done as soon as it must be done--one of the most valuable assets anyone can have...you're likely optimistic, even in seemingly no-win situations...your trust in the future will usually lead you to a safe harbor and the genuine knowledge that what is gien out is received and given back tenfold...you are likely one of th emost genuinely generous people in your peer group or circle, lacking nothing when it comes to faith in others...be sure you're as cautious as you are fair-minded...

Estella, a 1942 Sagittarius--

The Eternal Optimist...you arrived in a world that was sorely in need of your humor, understanding and ability to see the bright side of any situation...It is likely that your family considered you a blessing, as you probably displayed the positive attitude your sign is famous for at a very young age...those who are lucky enough to have you near them on a daily basis can be touched by your sunny disposition as well as your generous soul...this understanding could have led you to a career in teaching or counseling, where your innate compassion would give you the ability to provide good advice...your gift is your ability to raise the spirits of those around you with your philosophical, optimistic and keenly witty personality..

Meljprincess, a 1963 Leo--

The Inspired Stylist...you may tend to have a dramatic flair...you are likely to be fashionable, but you're no slave to fashion...for all your dash, you are likely to be daring...you may be capable of masterminding high-risk plans...you have the advantage of a mind that swiftly drills down to the heart of any problem and solves the matter just as quickly...you have the courage and strength to imagine the unimaginable and explore new realms...

16 Comments:

  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger Fannie said…

    I am so glad you finally took some time for you. You have been going non-stop for a while now.We all benefit from your doing fun stuff. I have enjoyed this week except for one thing---I Did Not Win. Congratulations to those who did. I have a couple of Anna's purses and you will enjoy them and get compliments every where you go. I am so looking forward to all the new books in progress. They just get better (not that the earlier ones were bad) but Anna has grown since the first book. Have a great week-end and Hugs to all.

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger Estella said…

    Picked up The Prodigals Return today. Am taking it traveling with me this weekend.

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Congrats winners!

    I will be on the lookout for the articles Anna if they decide to run them!

    Can't wait 'til next week. I am only going to the signing, but it should be fun.

    And don't apologize for taking some time to yourself...we understand!

     
  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Very interesting reading Anna! I have been a fortunate recipient this week (wink, wink)...LOL. I do struggle with the optimistic part at times though, but I try.

    I like this book you are getting these out of.

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Meljprincess said…

    My reading is right on! Thanks, Anna.
    Congrats to all the winners! Cyber champagne for all!
    How 'bout I get DN to spank you? *vbg*
    I wish I had won your book. :-(

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Congrats to all the winners! Thanks for another fun launch party, Anna. And you're supposed to take time for you and your family. :)

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger Dana Pollard said…

    I had a great time this past week with your blog. You are verra creative!

    Can't wait to see what you have in store next week. ;) We wanna hear stories from RWA!!!

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger Carol M said…

    Spending time with your family is good! :)

    Enjoy RWA! We want to hear all about it!

    Great reading, Mel!

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger catslady said…

    Oh, can't wait to hear about RWA. Enjoy!

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger Dena said…

    Congrats winners
    That's great you were able to spend quality time with your family Anna,don't worry about us we will be here when you get back. I can't wait to hear all the news from RWA.

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger Pat L. said…

    Just testing this out. This blogspot is giving me fits. Hope this works.

     
  • At 11:16 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    I saw your article on ajc.com!

     
  • At 11:23 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Oh and I just found the one for the Gwinnett Daily Post too!

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Pat L. said…

    I think I have finally gotten this blogspot thing to work.

    I am 1946 Scorpio. What does that mean?

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    Hey everyone!!!! Catching up with all the comments.

    Pat, great to see you made your way through the registration maze that is Blogspot. Good news--once you're in, it's smooth sailing ;O)

    I'm taking everyone's signs and years of birth and doing "readings" from a book I found. It's kind of spooky how close they've come to the truth at times. I'll keep doing them until we run out of birthdays...a couple a week...Now, you're on the list ;o)

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger Jessica Raymond said…

    You are one busy lady! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home