Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Rock On!!!! E-hem, which means more partying, AND a taste of Dave Navarro

There has been a Dave Navarro sighting, and rumor has it he might stop by today, so here's to Dave and all his gritty excellence. Killer tatoos, rocking guitar, and the tallent to be one of this generations most high-profile entertainers (and did I mention he can play a mean game of poker, too?), Navarro has the kind of in-your-face alternative rocker honesty that's hard for this girl to resist. Yeah, I dig hard rock and I write emotional, romantic family drama. I know, kinda twisted, but that's why you love me, right?

Hello, my name is Anna and I'm flirting with split personality disorder, LOL!! Red Hot Chili Peppers...Janes Addiction...yeah, Baby!!!

You may have caught him as the host/mentor on Rock Star INXS last year (where JD Fortune won the dream gig of a lifetime to be part of one of my all-time fav. groups, INXS, who went on on to release one of the all-time BEST come-back singles, Pretty Vegas, but I degress). Or maybe on Celebrety Poker on BRAVO, or on your favorite entertainment programs. But you've seen him. He's everywhere, and he has the tallant to back it up. Not to mention he always has something interesting to say.

Seriously, when you think about alternative rock, you might think of the music (and that either is or isn't your cup of tea), but consider the message next time it's blasting from your radio. Listen to me the artist is saying, not just the notes. Listen, and if you want to, scream your own message back!! Alternative rock is honest, and it challenges us to be, too. Kind of like what I'm doing with each of my weepy books.

Am I totally off my "rocker" today???? Sorry, bad pun. No, not totally. We need a new Launch Party Topic, right? Okay, how 'bout:

Who's your favorite entertainer/celebrity, and tell us why. Who's your ideal...someone you'd love to have a day to chat with and get to know as a real person. Great dreams yesterday, everyone, now give us more :O) DN, you're on my list!!!

Okay, more "readings" below (I'll come back later in the morning and add them), and our next launch party prize. As for the Guess Purse
everyone wants--

Jennifer Y., you lucky girl, my last purse/wallen combo is yours!!!

Bambelle, you'll be receiving a Borders gift certificate!!!

Email me to confirm your snail mail addresses, lucky ladies.

And new prizes (let's do two, in honor of DN) for today--leave a comment to be in the running:

You know I love Ann Klien, and I insist you do, too. This is a great bag (blue, but not too blue) to take anywhere you want to look stylish.










And a little something to take on your next vacation--a fab. straw tote with leather accents. Dress it up, dress it down, but be prepared for people to stop you and tell you how fabulous you look!!!


Talk to me, my launch party friends. I'm on the last two days of this deadline, but still trying to keep my "new release" high ;O) Oh, and I just heard that I'll have a Feb. ABD an April release next year (as well as a third book out in the Fall)--two books in three months, Yowza!!!

You've already heard a lot about The Perfect Daughter (Feb.). Guess I'll have to give you a taste of All American Father (April) before the launch party is trough ;O) Check back in for a new excerpt tomorrow!!

*************
Onward with the Readings!!

Dena, a 1966 Cancer--

The Cuddly Crab...gentle, caring and oh-so-cute, you've got a kind word for everyone, and can elicit a smile from the most die-hard depressive...however you're not a pushover...you've got good instincts when it comes to people, and you can spot an opportunist from a mile away...to you power is less important than people...family is the cornerstone of your life...you have a serious interest in spiritual matters...although you're more emotional than philosophical...you need plenty of intellectual stimulation...at some point, you may feel tempted to write a book, which could be an incredibly cathartic experience...a strong desire for romance draws you to dreamy, artistic people with vivid imaginations...

RobynL, a 1950 Aries--

The Team Leader...you tend to see the need for people to learn to live together...as citizens of one plante...you tend to shun status and power...you may tend to want to change things to gather resources for peaceful purposes...you may be much more interested in progress than you are in politics...your home may be filled with electronic gadgets , which you love to experiment with...you might feel most comfortable in groups, and you want to make your teammates comfortable and keep them safe...your friends admire your ability to get the whole gang together for fun, and the parties and networking events you put together can attract people from a variety of fields...

28 Comments:

  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Anna,

    I am like you - I love alternative rock. I have always been a fan. Janes Addiction was one of my favorites. Currently, I love NickelBack - great band/great music.
    Honestly, one of my favorite musicians that I'd like to have lunch with is Kid Rock (can you believe it?). I just saw a VH1 special on his career. What an amazing journey - to go from nothing to mega stardom. All the hard work involved. All the ups and downs.
    Another favorite celebrity I'd like to have lunch with would be Oprah. Another amazingly talented woman.
    The purses today look cute! Have a great one!

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger CrystalGB said…

    My favorite celebrity is Matthew McConaughey. He is gorgeous and has a sexy voice. I would like to me him but I think I would be too shy to actually say anything to him. LOL

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger Meljprincess said…

    And, you forgot to mention I made out with him. LOL! Anna! I told you to wait. ROFL! I e-mailed him and invited him to come to the blog. However, when I tried e-mailing him last night he had an "away" message. I WAS SO OVER IT! Tried again this morning and the message was sill "away". I'll do my very best to get him here one day!! Promise!! That picture is fantastic.
    I'd like another day to play catch up with DN. Or a day with the Deppster to chat and..whatever.
    Gift cert. for a needy friend? *g*
    CONGRATS, winners!

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Minna said…

    Congrats winners! I doubt any of you would know my favorite celebrity. He's a Finnish singer and song writer Pave Maijanen. He writes beautiful songs and he has got a really good voice, too.

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    Mel, looks like he and Carmen split yesterday...I think he'll be hiding from the public (not that you're the public, doll ;O) for a while while the tabloids freak out.

    It'll be fun to talk stars and music anyway...as long as we're partying, dude!!!

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger Meljprincess said…

    WHAT! OMG! I didn't know that, Anna. ::THUD::
    Yes, Virginia, there really is a Santa Claus. Hmmm...think I have a chance to become reunited with him now? LMAO! Thanks for telling me this news. I'm totally freaking out! I'm off to get the scoop.
    Yea, PARTY ON!, DUDE AND DUDETTES!

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Keanu Reeves. I love anything he is in. He is so yummy. Congrats to the winners!!!!!!!

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger Meljprincess said…

    Wow, I just read the news on E! Online. I sent him a "sorry" on his MySpace homepage. He has all these beautiful women ready to take her place. *sigh*

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Fannie said…

    Way to go winners. Congratulations. My musical tastes seem to be all over the board. I guess I lean more toward classic country. Right now I am listening to Chris Isaak.He has a fantastic voice and I could look at him for a couple of days with no problem. I would love to sit down and spend time with Loretta Lynn. What a great lady. She has led such a facinating life. What stories she could tell. I was forced to listen to so much rock and metal when my kids were teenagers, I sort of got turned off on them. Sorry guys. Have a great day and Anna that straw tote would look great on my next trip to Pigeon Forge!!!Hugs!

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thank you so much Anna! I love Borders! A big congratulations to Jennifer Y. too!

    I would love to meet Tobey Maguire. He is one of my favorite actors. I love that he has taken roles ranging from mainstream to eclectic without compromising his talent in the process. Also, my son would be amazed if I got to meet Spiderman lol. Now if we are talking purely fantasy meeting, I hate to be redundant, but I have to go with Colin Farrell. Shocking, I know! Lol.

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger Maureen said…

    I would pick Faith Hill. I love what she has to say in her songs.

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger Carol M said…

    Congratulations to the winners!

    Mel, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!! :)

    I would love to talk to Nora! I just love her In Death series and Roarke! Oh I would really love to "talk" to Roarke!! lol

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger robynl said…

    congrats winners.

    I would love to meet and talk with Paul Brandt. He's from Alberta, Canada and I'm from Sask., Canada.

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Estella said…

    I am a country music fan and I would love to sit down and talk to Alan Jackson. The song he wrote(Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning) about 9/11 is one of the most insightful songs I have ever heard.

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger tastefully yours said…

    Congrats winners!

    I am a country music fan and love Kenny Chesney. An Oh what a sight! LOL

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I just love your purse giveaways.

    Congrats to Bamabelle!

    The list of people that I would love to meet is so long that I probably couldn't list it here...LOL. It includes authors, actors, actresses, singers, etc.

     
  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Oh and great prizes for today too...I love that blue one!

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Congratulations Jennifer and Bamabelle!
    Well, my music taste is all over but I'd love to meet Toby Keith. I just love the image he projects of telling it like it is. I'd like to see if he is that honest and sincere in person.

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Dana Pollard said…

    Jane's Addiction "Been Caught Stealing" so rocks.

    Ok, who'd I'd like to meet??? He's dead, but still...

    Freddie Mercury. The man could sing like you wouldn't believe. The choreography of all the songs from Queen were like poetry. Awesome, awesome, awesome. I would love to sit with this man and learn his genious strategy to making such kick bo-hiney music. A few singing lessons wouldn't hurt either. I can't sing to save my life, but do it anyway. As a dancer, music is like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. You have to have both ingredience to make it!

    And of course, I'd love to meet John DeSalvo. He's just fricken hot. ;)

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger slehan said…

    My music tastes are all over the place. The person I'd like to meet & talk with is Meryl Streep. A great talent and very interesting person.

    I'm always schlepping books around so I love totes and the color purple (also the book of that name).

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger Jeanette J said…

    I would love to spend a day talking to Christopher Lee...he has been in so many movies and acted with and known so many great actors that I'm sure he would have a lot of great stories

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Angie-la said…

    Looks like I missed a couple of good topics while I was out of town! Although I love all kinds of music, my favorites are rock, blues, and alternative. I love RHCP, B B King, Switchfoot, U2, Eric Clapton, Nirvana, Jimmy Buffett, Coldplay, Audioslave and the Allman Brothers...just to name a few!
    I would love to meet Jimmy Buffett or Bono. Two very different ends of the spectrum, but both would have interesting perpectives to share!

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger catslady said…

    Congrats Jennifer and Bamabelle.

    I keep changing my mind on favorite actor - used to be Mel Gibson but I think he's gone a little over the top, then Cruise, then Pitt so I think I'll go with Orlando Bloom!

    I used to put Garth Brook as No. 1 but he isn't around much now so I go with Ellie and Buble or Bocelli.

    To have a conversation with someone it would have to be Clinton.

     
  • At 1:16 AM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    I have loved looking over everyone's lists...it is neat.

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Dena said…

    Congrats ladies!!!
    I love the picture of Dave,he looks scrumptious. Have enjoyed his music all the way back to Jane's Addiction. If he ever does comes on,it would be so amazing.

    Thanks Anna for my reading! Some of the things are a lot like me,weird and kinda freaky. I thought it wouldn't be anything like me and I could say aha what a fraud,but I can't.

    About teenagers Anna, I could sugar coat it,lol,but I would rather prepare you, enjoy those sweet years because they go by way way too fast and I have a daughter so I'm sure it will be a bit different.

    I have too many fav entertainers, if I picked one I'd say Keanu Reeves he's sweet,quirky,and gorgeous.I am more of a rock lover, but I watched a show with Tanya Tucker and she reminded me so much of my Mom[minus the money & accent,lol]in the way she was with her family and friends,so I would love to spent a day with her. Thank goodness you didn't ask about meeting writers my list would be too long,lol.

    Great purses Anna,love Anne Klien

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger Meljprincess said…

    LOL! Thank you, Carol. Let's see...Melissa Navarro. Yea, that would work. HA!

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    OOh..good idea KarenG!

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Meljprincess said…

    LOL! Thanks, n0odz1. Don't worry. If we get hitched, I won't forget about my friends in Anna's blog. Hee.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home