Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Friday, July 14, 2006

Winners, Prizes, France and Today's Dreams

Thanks to all my blooger friends who linked over to Romance B(u)y the Blog yesterday!!!

It was crazy, and having so many friendly faces around only added to the fun. Yesterday's prize is everyone's favorite, I know, soooooo... keep checking back over the weekend. You might just see the second set I bought show up again ;O) Keep reading for yesterday's winners and today's funky prize.

Today's topic, dreams seems like a good one...One of my career goal/dreams is that when a new book comes out, my backlist will sell through, too. Guess what, the Amazon numbers for my Feb. The Runaway Daughter have been off the charts the last couple of days. It hit Amazon's series romance best seller list at #25 yesterday (of all series lines...there was a lot of Norah's back list up there, but there was me, #25 ;O) So, name recognition dream--check!!!

Have I mentioned yet that A Family for Daniel is out in France...translations in foriegn countries, another writer dream--check, check!! I have a photo of the cover that blogger won't let me upload...look for it tomorrow...


A totally non-publishing dream? At the moment, being Ann Hathaway's character in Devil wears Prada!!! The clothes in that movie are amazing (the plot and writing is so much better than the book, too, BTW). I want a publishing closet to select my designer duds out of every morning!!!

What are your dreams...share your darkest fantasies, LOL. Okay, or maybe just the fashion ones ;O)



Today's blog party prize is... This great XOXO heart clutch. It's fun for the summer, but also with it's black tones could be fun all year around. Leather straps, great bucket shape, dangling accent. Wow!! And of course, I'll be giving away another Borders gift certificate. Remember, you can't win if you don't leave a comment...How else will I know to draw your name ;O)

And about my purse collection... Before my previous blog blew up because of spam, I'd actually posted some pics...Maybe I need to do that again...Maybe you don't need to know how totally obsessed I really am...

Coach's contemporary bags, Cole Haan, Isabella Fiore...it's a good thing, until you look at the price tags on designer bags. I shop sales and outlets and ebay until I can find what I want at a price I can afford...usually when an advance or royalty check comes in...dreams were meant to come true, right!!!

Okay, here are yesterday's winners:

Julie from Ohio won the Guess party purse and wallet combo out on RBtB. I wish I had one for everyone (especially Jack, because then we'd get to hear what your wife would do to get her hands on it; or Lucky, because 40th birthdays are super special). I'll put another set up for launch party winning over the weekend, 'kay!!

ThatBrunette won the Borders gift certificate!

Addresses in my inbox will help muchly, ladies. I'm still waiting to hear from one of yesterday's winners. Again, I'll begin mailing everything next week.

And I have a few more readings today--glad we've been close to the mark with the ones so far!! Isn't this fun!! If you want to play along, leave your birth year and sign (or day and month of your birth) in the comments.

Dana, a 1974 Aquarius

The Risk Taker...you are likely to have an unusually active social life, with a network of diverse friends and progressive ideas or causes to keep you busy...you may have an enduring interest in scholarly pursuits...you have the gift of gab, and you can talk yourself into or out of anything...you may also enjoy getting into different or even dangerous situations...you like the new and different, the risk, and the idea of working with like-minded friends...friendship is a high priority for you...your gregarious attitude is great for bringing many different kinds of people together...you keep the flow of conversation going...

Okay, I have to stop here, because Dana and I are pals, and this reading is just spooky...this book blows me away!!!

Crystalg, a 1970 Leo

The Talanted Hero...you take great pride in doing things in a big way and with a big heart...fiery, dramatic, you enjoy being the center of attention through acts of creativity...your career is likely to carry with it traits of doing even small things in a big way...you are a doer...you see the big picture and have grand ideas about how to proceed...you do best when you are your own boss.

NOTE: This last one might look familiar. I mistakenly did 1970 on Tuesday when I did Sandra's reading from 1971...I've gone back and changed hers...sigh, me and numbers aren't always friends ;O) Sandra, check out your new paragraph and let us know if it strikes any closer to home...just a year made a huge difference, according to the book!!

Can't wait to hear your dreams and give away more prizes!!! So, come out and play ;O)

23 Comments:

  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger kerri1973 said…

    Gotta say congrats to the lovely TB! (smooches, hon) My fantasies? Too many to name here and most would have to be edited for content. LOL Seriously, fashion wise, I've always wanted to be able to dress like the character of Charlotte from the show Sex and the City. If I only had Park Avenue money to go with the Park Avenue clothes. Ah! Other than that, my fantasy would be to have enough of my books published so that I could be a full time writer. I'd like to be able to set my books in many different locales and actually get to visit those places while I'm writing about them. Someday, baby!
    Chow bellas!

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger robynl said…

    My fashion fantasy would be to be able to walk into a store and pull off the rack any item I wanted and there would be a size to fit me(one where the length didn't need adjusting or where it fit in all the right places). I always have to adjust my clothes.

    Congrats to the winners.

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger CrystalGB said…

    My fashion fantasy is to open my closet and magicly find new and fabulous clothes all the time.

    My reading does have elements that describe me. Thanks for doing it for me, Anna!

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Dana Pollard said…

    omg! That is freaky! That reading blew me away. It's so way true!

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Dana Pollard said…

    Oh, and my dream... to be able to buy anything I ever wanted, or want, without having to pay for it.

    You did say it was a dream. :)

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger tastefully yours said…

    Congrats to the winners!

    Anna I love today's purse. It is way to cute! I would love to win it! Of course my daugther would be jealous but hey that would only be fair since she is always running off with my shoes right? :)

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    The Runaway Daughter is a great book!

    I love today's prize!

    My dream: a new house for my parents, a caring and loving man for me, and a job that I love and am paid well for.

    Congrats to the winners!

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Meljprincess said…

    *grumble* *grumble*...there were too many people over at RBtB. lol!
    Congratulations winners! :-)
    My fantasy: I want a lot of money and a personal shopper to find and buy everything I want. *g* XOXO

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Fannie said…

    My dream is for good health, happiness and enough money for my needs. I try not to be greedy cause the powers that be don't like that. I got really happy this morning. My first grand daughter arrived about 9:30 AM. Her name is Kali Glenn and she weighed 9lb 8ozand 22 in long. She has loads of curly black hair and is absolutely beautiful. Now you know I am not prejudiced or anything like that. She joins my 4 grandsons. Can you just imagine when she gets older? A father and 4 cousins telling the guys to get lost. Poor baby.

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Congrats Fannie!

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger Maureen said…

    I would love to go on a shopping spree where I can buy whatever I want. I can't imagine buying clothes and not looking at the price tag.

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger ReadingIsSoMuchFun said…

    Mines would be, To be in good health and to have a family of my own in about 2yrs with my fiance. Also to have our dream home we both want. I would also love to go on a shopping spree.

    Linda.H.

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey Anna,

    Yes, my revised reading does sound a lot like me. Pretty scary!
    Today's purse looks really cute!
    My fantasy would be to have a personal shopper help me find the clothes that fit well and look good. I'd also love a housekeeper and a live-in cook. I am dreaming right! This would give me more time to read and write!

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger Estella said…

    I would love to be able to go shopping and not have to worry about what the total would be.

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    Hey buds!!!! Gues what...the first draft of my revisions is done!!!!

    Lots more work, as I go back through and weave the story tighter together, but I think it's doing what my editor wanted now, and let me just say...The Perfect Daughter kicks asss!!! Not that I'm biased or anything, LOL!!! But those of you who've followed the series, watch out!!

    Sandra, good to hear your new reading works. I couldn't believe I'd goofed when I went back to do todays.

    Personal shopper, a fantasy of mine, too...except I want to BE the personal shopper...spending everyne else's money on fab. stuff (of course having designers sending me samples and freebies so I'll remember them to my clients ;O) And, see, there's the shopping and not worrying about money part--I'd be spending someone else's allowance!

    Fannie, MEGA congrats!!!! If your granddaughter is anything like you, she won't have any trouble holding her own. Five grandkids...another dream of mine...

    Thanks, everyone for sharing your dreams and checking back in today. I'll pop back in later (have to go print the beastie out now), and see if I can't stir things up.

    And I'll post at least once this weekend, with the Guess goodies, then we'll keep things going next week through at least Wednesday!!!

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    WooHoo on the revisions Anna!

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Ahh, my fashion dream . . . being able to walk into a store and buy a bra instead of having to mail order them for $30 EACH. More great prizes, Anna! I love reading your blog.

     
  • At 4:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi girls! (and guys too)

    Congrats to the lucky winners!

    My fashion fantasy would be to have a personal stylist make me look great everyday. My dream would be to help find a cure for Alzheimer's disease. Since moving my Grandmother in with us, we have seen firsthand just how debilitating this disease is, so I want to get behind that research.

    By the way, I ordered my copy of THE PRODIGAL'S RETURN from amazon. I can't wait for it to get here!

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    My fashion fantasy is to have a closet that whenever I open it, it will have all the new styles of clothing, shoes, and purses in it.

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Jeanette J said…

    My fashion fantasy would be to have a credit card that stays at zero whenever I buy clothes

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger Carol M said…

    Congrats to the winners!

    My dream would be to find whatever outfit I'm looking for at the moment and that it would look great on me and it would be free of course! I would also want to have the perfect purse and shoes to go with it!

    Congrats Fannie! I'm the grandmother six, four grandsons and two granddaughters. They are all my daughter's children. Aren't grandchildren wonderful!

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger catslady said…

    Congrats to the winners.

    I hate shopping so I would have someone do it for me and they would deliver the perfect outfits right to my home :)

    I only have a grandkitty so far lol.

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Dena said…

    Congrats Anna on your book TRD hitting 25 on Amazon's chart, how exciting!

    I haven't seen The Devil Wears Prada yet but have heard it's really good. As a matter of fact James Patterson said the same thing as you about the movie being better than than the book.That's very rare for that to happen.
    A fashion fantasy of mine would be to open my closit everyday and poof there would be great outfit to wear[head to toes]accessories included[with real stones on the jewelry]of course.
    My dream would have to be happy,healthy,and wealthy.Also a cure to all the horrible diseases so everyone could be healthy and enjoy their lives to the fullest.

    For the readings you haven't done anyones from 1966 yet and on July 6th it was my big 4-0 so maybe it
    will be next?lol.

    Congrats to all the winners so far.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home