Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

BTW--The Prodigal Just Won't Quit!!!

Have been trying to post all day!!! 'Cause look at the cool photo a friend sent, of me and two-time RITA nominee, Blaze author Joanne Rock.

If you're thinking she looks like a model--bingo!!! Among other things, including being wicked smart and a professor, she was also a model in a former life. And quite possibly one of the nicest ladies I know.

So, here we are dancing at the Harlequin "Puttin' on the Ritz" party, Friday night of the RWA conference.

And here I am earlier int he week, with the Wet Noodle Posse again, at the wonderful place we went to to commit death by chocolate. Dailey's in Atlanta has some of the best deserts around. What better place to take the most tallented group of writers I've ever been a part of???

The reviews are still pouring in for The Prodigal...check out this blog, from one of the best reviewers around. Someone else nabbed my book for the site she works for, but she couldn't help but take a peak herself. Thanks Barb!!!

http://barbara-pf.blogspot.com/2006/07/good-book-alert.html

Wanted to also point everyone to a Super Heroine article I've done for the Wet Noodle posse site. They asked me to cover this wonderful woman, and learning more about her was an amazing experience:

http://wetnoodleposse.com/superheroines.html

Seems like back-to-school shopping was a great blog diversion for everyone...I'm really thinking we need to plan a shopping day around my next reader event ;O) Anyone coming to the GRW Reader Luncheon this fall?? Sherry Kenyon will be here, ready to schmooze, and there's lots of great shopping in the area!!!

What does everyone think about their college alumni rag? I've been interviewed for mine (Tech Topics--yes, I went to Ga. Tech--feel free to giggle at the odd choice of careers I've backed into). It was a cool exeprience, and the reporter was very enthusiastic, but I'm still a little stunned that they'd think what I'm doing is feature-worthy. It's not exactly rocket science, which they teach there, BTW.

Tell us about your last reunion, or your last homecoming whatever, high school or college. Reliving my recent past was a hoot!! So many great memories I hadn't fallen back into in years. Would you go back? Do it all again?

College totally changed my life, in a lot of amazing ways. But Tech was hard. I'd like to think I'd do it even better if I went back, but I'm in no hurry. I'm digging the whole, been there, kicked it's ass, spank me I'm done thing too much to want to do it all again just yet.

BTW, I wrote the first chapter of my paranormal idea tonight...what a cool story...wonder if anyone else will ever get the chance to think so...

21 Comments:

  • At 12:47 AM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Nice pics! I just got TPR and can't wait to read it!! Ooohhh a paranormal idea...sounds interesting.

    Not sure I would go back to a reunion for either my high school or college. We haven't had one yet, but I don't think I'd go if they did. I hated high school and didn't fit in. College was a bit better, but I only graduated a little over a year ago.

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    We had our 10 year high school reunion a couple of years ago. I didn't go. I don't even think I would go to my next reunion.

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    My fifteen year high school reunion should be coming up soon. I'm most likely going to attend. There are several friends I'd like to see again. I enjoyed high school, but I really enjoyed college. I went to University of Michigan and I loved the school. The faculty and students were great.
    A paranormal romance sounds great - I hope we get to see it in the future.

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger robynl said…

    We've never had a school reunion but don't think I would attend anyways.
    We did have a family reunion this past weekend and I did attend. It was better than I expected.

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger J said…

    I don't go to college reunions because I find them impersonal and it was a simply a place to quickly get my degree. I'm much closer with my junior college friends, whom I see at least once a year.

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    Seems like I'm not the only one not getting what the whole reunion thing is about. I've never done one for college (not sure who'd I'd expect to be there, since all my friends graduated at different times), and my 10-year high school bash was a bit of a let-down, since most of my non-football/cheerleader crowd didn't show.

    Cheri, I'd love to share more about the paranormal. It's such a fun idea. Unfortunately, until my agent thinks she's got what she needs, and then hopefully finds a home for it, I can't say too much more than that. It's great to hear everyone's interest whenever I bring it up, though. Rest assured, the same emotional punch you find in all my stories will be there, along with (again, hopefully) a cool, edge-of-your-seat paranormal thriller layered over the top.

    Back to working on AAF, so can paranormal some more tonight ;O)

     
  • At 6:06 PM, Blogger Estella said…

    I went to my 35 year high school reunion. Was sad to see that so many had passed away. Have not been back since.

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Pat Cochran said…

    Hi, Anna,

    I belong to a super-close high school
    class who graduated in 1954. I also am a member of a group that has attended every reunion since graduation - the Reunion Committee. In fact for our 50th anniversary in 2004, we had almost 200 persons in attendance. Our reunions are a lovely
    opportunity to visit every five years,
    especially since we have begun to lose
    so many of our classmates. I encour-
    age everyone to attend their reunions.
    They don't have to be fancy, we have
    picnics midway between reunions and
    bring our own lunches. The idea is
    to meet with folks who knew you before
    the world did! God Bless You!!

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger tastefully yours said…

    We had our 10 year high school reunion 5 years ago. It was nice to see everyone that attended but was greatly disappointed about those that didn't show. We are having a 15 year reunion/picnic to include our families next month. I am looking forward to it. We will see how everything turns out.

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger Carol M said…

    My class has had several reunions but I didn't go to any of them. I can't imagine sitting threw an evening like that!

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    Okay, a show of hands.

    How many of us actually enjoyed high school, LOL!!! I'm starting to think I'm not the only one who couldn't wait to get out. I was chomping at the bit to get to college, but were most of the rest of you dying to get on with your lives???

    When I hear folks say high school was the best memories they have, I just can't relate. The memories that were entirely mine were those I collected when I got out on my own and began to figure out what I really wanted to do...

     
  • At 12:37 AM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    I understand what you are saying completely Anna! I couldn't wait for high school to end!

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger Meljprincess said…

    I went to Monterey High School and Texas Tech U. in Lubbock, Texas. I missed my 20 year High School reunion 'cause I was living in Hawaii and couldn't afford to go.
    I would NOT repeat either of them. I hated High School. And, if we have a 40th reunion I don't think I'll go. I wanna remember those people the way they were. The nice ones that is. lol!

    Love the pictures, Anna.

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Fannie said…

    I enjoyed high school. I attended my 40 year reunion a few years ago and had a great time. Our class had only lost 4 people at that time. We lost 1 since then. We had a good turnout and it was nice to get reaquainted with people I hadn't seen in several years. Our committee is a little slow so we didn't have our 45th this year.They will get it together and we'll have another in a couple of years. I have been reading a lot of paranormal lately. Cherry Adair has a couple of good ones out there in case anyone is interested.Kay Hooper also. So I am really forward to yours. Have a great day and Hugs.

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Anna,

    I love the picture of you and Joanne! You both look beautiful!

    I did not get to go to my ten year high school reunion. I was pregnant and on bedrest, due to preterm labor. I guess I'll have to wait until the twenty year reunion.

    A few of my college friends and I get together every year, so that is always fun!

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger CrystalGB said…

    Great pictures. I have not been to a high school or college reunion. Just don't have the desire to do either one.

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Maureen said…

    My daughter is in high school and I definitely would not go back and do it again. It's exhausting just listening to her.

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Blogger Pat L. said…

    I am so happy that I am finally able to use this blog. Had so much trouble trying to log on.

    And those purses are just absolutely beautiful.

    Will be stopping by to say hi freqeuntly.

    Have a great w/e everyone.

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Dena said…

    I'm with you Anna I couldn't wait to get out of High School and away from those clicks,and start my life. I have no intention of revisiting those days with those same people at a reunion.It's been 22 years since I graduated and it's crazy how fast the time has gone by.

     
  • At 3:08 PM, Blogger Fannie said…

    Our reunion got in gear and I received an invitation to my 45th reunion. I am so looking forward to going. I have gotten e-mails from several people I haven't seen in 40 yrs. saying they are coming. I guess being from a really small town makes a difference in how you feel abot things. I am excited and am sorry most of you didn't have a positive experience in school. Have a great day and a better tomorrow. Hugs

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger catslady said…

    I met my husband in high school and married shortly after. We went to his 30th and mine the next year. His was wonderful and I had a great time. Mine was miserable and I had a horrible time. I'd never go back to one of mine. I didn't mind school but I wouldn't want to go back and do it again unless I could know what I know now - that could be fun!!!!

    I just completed "The Runaway Daughter" and wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home