Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Thursday, August 03, 2006

More about Nationals...Our first promo prize...and a teaser...

Nationals soundbite... "JD couldn't make it tonight, so I'm happy to accept this award in her honor..." --Nora Roberts

Nora was our MC for the RITA ceremony, and her acceptance speech when her alter-ego won the Romantic Suspense category was priceless. She's such a fun lady!!

There were so many amazing moments. I'll try to share a bit each day. And I'll be posting RWA Nationals giveaway prizes several times a week, too.

Here's the early copy of Brenda Novak's(http://brendanovak.com/index2.php) new mainstream thriller and the cool skeletons and $1 off coupon she gave away in the "goodie" room.


I'll draw a name over the weekend from this week's comments, then post another "wish you'd been there" prize package--how about a "Spice" tote bag and one of the 2006 titles from Harlequin's trade paperback erotica imprint???

Oh, and did I mention the teaser??? Check back tomorrow for a new excerpt from All American Father. I'm hard at work on the first draft, and need some company while I paint these characters to perfection ;O)

Thanks to everyone who's let me know how much The Prodigal's Return touched them. I'm getting more emails for this book than any of the others, and I'm so grateful. It's my favorite so far, too, but you never know how something that's perfect in your imagination whill translate onto the page. I'm so glad Jenn and Neal and Nathan's story is touching your hearts.

Got another couple of great reviews over my RWA break--from AllAboutRomance.com and ArmchairInterviews.com. Check them and my local paper interviews out on my homepage.

Happy commenting everyone!!!

16 Comments:

  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Dana Pollard said…

    Glad you made it home safe.

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger Carol M said…

    Welcome home! It sounds like you had a fun time. I can't wait to hear more!

    I love Nora's In Death series. I'm reading the 17th one now! I've heard from other authors that she is very nice!

     
  • At 12:24 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing pictures with us!

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Anna,

    I'm glad that you are getting such amazing reviews for The Prodigal's Return. They are well deserved! I'm looking forward to the new excerpt for All American Father. Thanks for having the fun giveaways too!

    Hugs, Zara

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Meljprincess said…

    Wow, lots of great stuff going on. Your blog is so much fun, Anna. I know I can always come here for a good time. I want to read Brenda's new book, too. I read the excerpt and it sounds scary. I look forward to reading the excerpt for AAF tomorrow. Congrats on all your fantastic reviews! So, over the weekend someone will become a "Spice" girl? Or boy? lol! Cool.

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger robynl said…

    Kudos on the great reviews. I love coming here to blog as someone else mentioned.

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger Minna said…

    Can't wait for the excerpt!

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger Estella said…

    Glad to have you back!

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Angie-la said…

    Welcome home Anna!
    Ahh...Nora rocks! Both as "herself" and J D Robb!

    Brenda Novak tells a good story as well....I have several of her books. Dead Silence is quite a departure from her usual style. I would love to read it!

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger catslady said…

    welcome back. I'm so enjoying all the news everyone has brought back on RWA and enjoying the pics too.

     
  • At 11:41 PM, Blogger Fannie said…

    Why wouldn't you get rave reviews I ask? You really know how to tell a story. I also read Nora and JD. Brenda has some great books and I am looking forward to reading her latest. BTW. great picts and as always, great prizes. Have a good night and Hugs to all.

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Sounds like everyone had a blast at RWA.

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hello Anna,

    Welcome back. It sounds like you had a great time. I've also read some great reviews for The Prodigal's Return. It was a very good book. I'm looking forward to All American Father. I bet you are busy. Hope you are staying cool, it's a scorcher here in NC.

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Dena said…

    Great pictures Anna, I look forward to more. Congrats on the great reviews too.
    This prize is so cute with the skeleton. I love Brenda's books and since everyone loves Anna's books you might like her SuperRomance too. This thriller sounds very interesting and I would be "thrilled" to win it.

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger Maureen said…

    Great comment from Nora Roberts. Congratulations on all the your recent success.

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger Pat L. said…

    Hi, Love the Novak cover. Her books are just great. If I am not too late, put my name in for the prize. Thanks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home