Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A Job Well Done...

You just never know, do you, how something's going to turn out? Even when you've done your best and given it everything you've got, it's hard to see the payout.

Taking care of your loved ones, being there for your friends, being responsible to your job and other committments. It's easy to never quite be sure you've done enough. To never quite feel good enough. And you've got to let all that pass you by and keep the faith, so you can keep doing what you need to be doing day in and day out, for yourself and the ones you love. You've got to have faith that staying on the path you've chosen will get you and those you care about where you need to be in the long-run, even when you can't see beyond one more day of working hard and not being sure you're making a difference.

Then, every once in a while, you're given a glimpse of the job well done you just might be doing as you stumble through your day. That happens for me, when a new story or idea hits the right cord with my editor, or when I hear from a reader who tells me how much my latest book has touched her.

Both happend late last week. My editor LOVES Legally Yours (though the title's changing to I don't know what). They've given me the go ahead for the Atlanta's Heros series, too, and hopefully I'll sell the two new proposals to them soon (including Remember Me, which you've read pieces of). Then over the weekend I heard from a reader with personal experience with PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), which both the internal and external plots of The Perfect Daughter are wrapped around--hearing that my story touched her and has given her hope means more than I can say. Its one of the core reasons why I write.

So, it's a good day, in the midst of worrying if the current book is going to sell well, or the April one, or if I can get the next book written, and how my growing career is going to change my world as I try to give my family what they need, too.

There's still a lot of unknowns, but what I know today is that I'm moving in the right direction. My work is building the future I long to be a part of. My faith is not unfounded.

I hope you find the encouragement and affirmation you need this week to keep doing the jobs in your life, and to know that you're doing well. No matter how crazy things get, if you're doing your best and you're focused on the prize, you're hard work will not go unrewarded.

Have faith. And if you ever need to borrow a little more, look me up. I'm always willing to share some of mine with a friend who needs a little help believing. I want all of you to be there when your next moment comes--when you get that pat on the back that tells you, "Job well done..."

Never stop fighting, my friends!!!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Fannie said…

    Anna, I may not always say how much you have helped me over the last while, just know you have. Either something you said or put in a book touched me and gave me strenght to keep going. I have been going through a rough spot health wise and got really discouraged, but some things you and the other beautiful folk who blog here, enccouraged and lifted me up. I am doing better now. I am going to see my daughter and grandsons tomorrow and that will be the icing on my cake. I hope you and everyone else knows you are wonderful. Take care and hugs to all.

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Wonderful post and message Anna! I needed to hear it! I might have to borrow some of that faith of yours. Thank you for all you do...you don't know how much it means to us readers.

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger CrystalGB said…

    A very inspirational post. Thank you. You are a great lady.

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    You know, whenever I'm having a bad day or just feeling down, I come here and your words soothe my soul, give me encouragement and lift me up. You let us all know we're not alone and there are others out there going thru similar situations but there is a place we can come and feel cared for and cared about. Thank you, Anna for being a warm, positive, caring person.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home