Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I Need a Wife...Life, I mean

Sorry for the slip into a dreaded stereotype, but, ladies and gentlemen, I need either more hours in the day, or someone to take care of the day while I work may *#%$*! off.

Nothing extreme, five more hours would be lovely. And could I have them before midnight, so I'm not too exhausted to put them to good use? Then I could get the laundry done, do the carpool and afterschool activities, cook a lovely meal that I'd actually enjoy eating and maybe even dust (though I don't like to shoot the moon when I'm dreaming). With all my free evening time, I'll be able to move on to writing the stories clammering to escape my imagination, if only I could plant my buttocks in my office chair long enough to write every once and a while. Ahhhh...venting never felt so good...

Okay, maybe my wife would look more like this...whataya think, Jack??? I hear she loves to knit and grow her own veggies and cook organically and, well, basically do the earth mother thing...while looking fabulous...I'd have to hate her if I didn't admire all that so much.

BTW, all the above is my rather harried way of saying, sorry to be so tardy getting back to the blog this week, but I know you know what I mean...did I mention my son's in an advanced math class this year, and they have extra homework and at least one project every week...Good thing I went to GA Tech and haven't forgotten everything geeky I learned there...

And so there's no confusion, my dh does more than his fair share of the work around here. He's amazing. More than any woman deserves, especially one with totally not-there people chattering away in her head while she cooks dinner ;O)

But, we're in the enviable situation of both our careers thriving at the same time, which should be a good thing. But like my mother always says, too much of a good thing...starts to look kinda scary when Anna's not sleeping enough, LOL!! So, back to the original idea that perhaps what we need is one more adult around here picking up our laundry and cooking what we like to eat and keeping track of our homework and afterschool schedules and basically making the rest of the world outside of work doable...Or maybe I'm just whining... What the hell, wine for everyone!!

So, enough about my day, LOL!!! Kick back, have a drink, and tell me what's going on with you ;O)

Oh, don't let me forget our winner from last week's comments:


Pat--who posted on Friday!!!!!

Congrats, Pat. Send me your snail mail addie so I can your pillow and SEP signed book on its way to you.

Tomorrow (promise ;o), come back and see the newest RWA National goodies I simply have to get out of my house...'cause then I don't have to move them when I dust!!! Leave a comment between now and next Wednesday, so you'll be in the running to win.

Just curious... Know anyone who'd be interested in some ARCs of the new Harlequin Nocture line?????


Off to ask Jules what's for dinner...

25 Comments:

  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger Zen Wizard said…

    If you fly to Australia, you gain two days.

    If you do that once a month, that is 48 hours every month, or 1.6 hours per day.

    Somebody else can maybe help you out with the other 3.4 hours; my work here is done.

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    Zen, I'm LMAO...you're just what I needed right now...gotta go meet the big yellow taxi and start round two of the homework vs. TV discussion with son, but I'll be doing it with scenes of hunky Aussie's playing out in my mind... What a way to gain a few days ;O)

    Smooches!!!

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Ooh...I love ARCs and have wanted to read the new books...plenty of people are interested in them.

    I completely understand what you mean about there not being enough hours in the day or needing extra hands.

    Can't wait to see what goodies you give away next!

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Harlequin Nocturne arcs? Perking up. Sounds very interesting.

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger Pat L. said…

    I would be interested in Arcs. What is the deal?

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger Pat L. said…

    I just saw I won. That is wonderful. Thanks so much. I sent you an email with my info.

    What is that little garbage pail thing that appears sometimes on the posted messages?

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    Pat, I think the garbage pail is so you can delete your message if you like--kind of an ejection seat, if you want clearer visual ;O) Congrats on your win!!

    Karen, in October, Harlequin is launching a paranormal category series line called Nocturne. Dark and gothic, very emotional...I snagged a couple of the advanced reader copies (ARCs) at last month's RWA conference (plus a cool tote bag).

    Who's your buddy??? Who's your favorite author, huh??

    I'll find a link and some more info about Nocturne for tomorrow's post...'til then, dream scary dreams...

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Blogger Dana Pollard said…

    I want a wife too. Now that I'm working out of the house I need one.

    I never used to go a day without sweeping. I can't even remember where the broom is now. ugh...

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger Jeanette J said…

    Those ARCs sound interesting..add me to the list of interested parties

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Congrats Pat!!! I would be interested in the ARCs.

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Rashmi said…

    Congrats on winning!! Husbands who show their love by helping are the best - you're so lucky :-)

    Oh, and count me in the contest as well. I've never won before, but....

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    Ah, Toni, I'm sorry about Buddy. I live on the other side of Atlanta, but I have a bunch of Atlanta-area blog regulars. I'm sure they'll keep an eye out for him. I hope your office finds him soon, or that he finds his way there.

    ((((HUGS)))) Let us know how things go...

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Sorry Toni!!! I am on the other side of Atlanta as well...hope you find him safely!

    Oh and congrats Pat!

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger catslady said…

    The storyline for the ARCS sound very interesting.

    I make extra time by not sleeping and existing on coffee lol.

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger Angie-la said…

    Toni, pls keep us updated on your Buddy. I hope you find him real soon.

    I can't wait for the Nocturne line! I'm a paranormal kinds gal, so I would be interested in the ARCs! (sounds like a Noah, thing, huh?!)

    Congrats Pat!

    Anna, now I know who to ask when the younger spawn has trouble with his HS Algebra! Surely not me, I am a math illiterate! I'm more of a social studies/lit/civics chick!

    Let me know if Jules doesn't work out for ya...I'll be glad to take her in if she cooks and cleans!

     
  • At 10:54 PM, Blogger Estella said…

    I'm interested in the arc's. I would settle for parttime help.

     
  • At 11:05 PM, Blogger robynl said…

    congrats Pat. So sorry about Buddy and hoping like heck that he's found.

     
  • At 12:53 AM, Blogger Fannie said…

    Anna, they have these temp agencies that send you a helper when you need one. That way you aren't paying some one all the time.Sounds like a solution to me. Good Luck. I hope you find Buddy soon, Toni. Way to go Pat. Enjoy the pillow. Add me to the ARC list. I am really into the paranormal right now. They are great.Have a great day and hugs to all.

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger CrystalGB said…

    I would definitely be interested in the ARCs. :)

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Anna,

    I'd definitely be intersted in the Arcs as well. I'm excited for this new series. It kind of reminds me of the Silhouette Shadows series which had some great paranormal stories.
    I know what you mean about having extra hours/hands on deck. I have a hard time getting it all done on some days. A housekeeper and a live in cook would be great, but unaffordable. But I can dream.

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Dena said…

    Anna your great, I can understand why you need extra hands,you do sooo much. I hope things get caught up for you.
    I don't think you need to ask about ARC's,it's a yes for me and I'm sure everyone,lol.that loves paranormal.I'm looking forward to this new line.Cheers n0odz1

    I hope Buddy is found Toni.

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger Carol M said…

    I wish I could help you out, Anna!
    My children are married and on their own and I have lots of extra time. I babysit for my daughter and put out my son's dog sometimes and help out my mom. I wish I could do something for you, too, so that you would have more time to write!

    I love getting ARC's and the new line sounds like something I would enjoy!

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Meljprincess said…

    Anna, I collect ARCs. I'd love some....or at least one, please. LOL @ the wife comment.
    Congrats Pat!

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger ThatBrunette said…

    Ah, I so understand! My husband and I created an extra day of the week. Ya know, the one you need to actually get everything done in the span of one week. Next time you are having a harried week, announce to the family that you are adding a new day.

     
  • At 3:56 AM, Blogger Loretta said…

    I would settle for someone to help clean the house. Count me in the the Arc's. Love to read paranormal books also.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home