Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Friday, August 18, 2006

Like Sands Through the Hour Glass...

Okay, this week, my life's been more like a sand storm, but in a good way, LOL ;O) Like the cataromance.com "pink carpet" awards ceremony that kicks off some time this morning.

http://mb.catanetwork.com/upload/index.php?act=idx

I won't bore you with the other details of the week (like my line edits coming for The Perfect Daughter--so we're one step closer to the last of the Daughter series being on shelves!!!), but I've been ignoring everyone as the soap opera that has become my world unfoldes, which got me thinking...

Why not have a weekly tribute to our daytime favorites?

Okay, I don't actually watch Days of Our Lives.

When I can spare a few minutes for a guilty pleasure, I'm more a General Hospital/One Life to Live kind of girl...but, well, the DOOL logo worked better with today's teaser ;O)

And while OLTL has the hunkiest guys on daytime, IMHO, Days of our Lives Kyle Brandt isn't too tough to look at. You've read my books. I like my heros edgier, but he looks a little dark and stormy, so onto the blog he goes.

Peter Reckell gets a nod, too, although the soap's website pic of him makes him look so tiny when you crop it down.

Eat something, Peter!!! We like some meat on our guy's bones...no, not that bone, although...oh, you know what I mean!!

And so our very own Jack won't think I've forgotten him, each Friday (let's call it Soap Friday), we'll have a Heroine of the Week...how's Martha Byrne working for you, Jack?

So, let's have some fun. Give me your soap opera faves (shows and actors/characters), and each Friday, well take a turn into melodrama and enjoy a little daytime eye candy while we're at it.

I'll check back in when I find out who won the cata reviewers choice award for best Superromance for the first part of 2006, so keep checking back.

How's that for a cliffhanger :O)

16 Comments:

  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Dena said…

    My favorite soap is GH[I used to watch all ABC's soaps but got too busy]I've watched it since I was a teenager so I guess it would be about 25 years.My favorite character/actor is Jason/Steve Burton. You need to definitely get his picture posted,ok Anna.He's sooo gorgeous,and his character is the strong silent type.One of my favorite actresses on the show since she started is Elizabeth. She is very beautiful,right now her hubby Lucky makes me sick but he is such yummy eye candy you could post him too,lol.You wouldn't get any complaints with them.

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger Meljprincess said…

    I used to watch "All My Children". However, I haven't seen it in so long I can't give you actors/characters.
    Sitting on pins and needles for news of the award....

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Fannie said…

    My favorite soap was Another World. I haven't watched soaps in years. My daughter would die if she missed Days of Our Lives and Passions. I tend to watch the Food channel now-a-days. Have you seen what chefs look like these days? Yummy!! I did like Bo on Days back in the day though. Good luck with winning the award. Sounds like a done deal to me. Not that I am prejudiced of course. Have a great day everyone and a big Friday HUG to all.

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger CrystalGB said…

    Since I work, I don't get to watch Days, Passions or Guiding Light like I used to. I really like all three. I used to tape them and watch them later but now I am too busy to do that.

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Estella said…

    I don't watch soap operas.

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger robynl said…

    Anyone remember 'Edge of Night'. I'd watch it after I got home from school; boy this one dates me for sure.

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger J said…

    Good luck with the awards. I don't watch soaps but I'll take eye candy any way.

     
  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    I don't watch the soaps much anymore, but All My Children has some hunky guys as does As the World Turns.

    I love Thorsten Kaye, Cameron Mathison (former Romance Cover Model), Mark Collier, and Paul Leyden. They are all nice to look at.

    Oh, and I remember Kyle Brandt from when he was on The Real World on MTV.

     
  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Oh, and congrats Anna!!! I just saw that you won!

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Blogger Minna said…

    Only soap I could watch is called...Soap.

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Pat L. said…

    The only soap I now watch is The Young and The Restless.

    I like Nicki and Phyllis, JT and Nick. Even tho I dont like that Nick's character got involved with Phyliss. They killed off John Abbott today the patriarch of the Abbott family - very sad.

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger Carol M said…

    It's been too many years since I've watched the soaps. I don't remember anything! lol

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger Dana Pollard said…

    This is so going to show how long it's been since I've watched a Soap.

    Brad and Niki from Young and the Restless. I'm not sure if they ever hooked up, but they were hot.

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger tastefully yours said…

    I am a CBS Soaps kind of girl. I tune in or check the updates for Y&R the Bold & the Beautiful, ATWT & GL.

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger catslady said…

    I too haven't watched the soaps since my kids were little but, hey, I'm going to enjoy seeing the hunks!!

     
  • At 3:46 AM, Blogger Loretta said…

    I used to watch General Hospital, One Live to Live, Edge of Night when it was on, As the World Turns when I visited my parents, my daughter got lme hooked on The Youong and The Restless and that is the only show I watch right now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home