Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Keep Marching... Looking forward to more fun... and more prizes

Stomach flu had descended in my house. I'll spare you the details, but suffice it to say that grade-school aged children are a conduit for all things viral, and it's mom's turn to pay up.

But, the worst seems to have past. What an amazing thing to say, actually. When you're in the thick of anything challenging, it can seem like the stress of now is all you'll ever be able to see. But we always manage to march on... to the next stressful thing ;o) And the next bit of fun, too. So, today, i'm looking foward as I pack up the last of our The Perfect Daughter launch party prizes (everyone should have their goodies by the end of next week at the latest--I'm already hearing from the first shipments winners).

I start travelling in March--with good writing friends that have become my travelling buddies, to meet wonderful new friends. Spring is bursting at the seams around here, which means my son gets to spend more time on the tennis courts, even if I can't right now because work is consuming all my spare time. Watching him learn and grow is a blast!! We have tickets to see Nickleback and then Billy Joel in concert over the next few weeks (or is it Billey Joel and then Nickleback???)--anyway, two wonderful extremes of my eclectic music tastes. I'm a girl who LOVES extremes, so watch out!!! There are new books to work on, exciting new things happening at Georgia Romance Writers... all good stuff. So, a few days of the stomach flu's not so bad. At least not now, that I think I'm going to make it after all (picture me twirling and throwing my hat in the air like MTM ;o)

Plus, it's given me time to pull together this picture.

What a cute bear and Liz Claiborn purse!!! I'll give the Made-for-St. Patrick's-Day set away to one of my blog buddies (randomely drawn) who posts a comment between now and next Friday. I also have plans to give away a matching set to one of my fans who've signed up to receive my newsletter, so if I don't have your email address in my website address book, send it to me... More to come on that soon.

But for now, enjoy your weekend, and smile as you think of the wonderful things blooming in your life as spring approaches. It won't all be green and lovely, but more good stuff's always coming. Roll with the punches, get through the work and whatever else is standing in your way, and always keep your eyes looking forward.

You'll like what you see ;o)

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

  • At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Anna,
    You must be tired if you're posting at 5:39 AM! Hope everyone gets better soon!
    We haven't met, but I just (as in, this year) joined GRW and that's how I found your blog. Of course, just as I joined I found myself stuck on my novel. But I've been promised at least one critique partner as soon as I finish... anyway, I wanted to let you know I came here for a dose of encouragement. You're very good at that. :)

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger Pat L. said…

    Nothing worse than the stomach flu.
    Glad the worst had passed.

    I have vertigo several weeks ago with nauseau and just wanted to die.

    Anyway, the bag is beautiful.

    Will send you my email addy to put in your address book as I am not sure I get your newsletter.

    Have a wonderful and WARM w/e - cold and windy here.

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Glad everyone is feeling better. It's getting warmer here. Can't wait till spring is here though not too much of a winter person.

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger Fannie said…

    Hey Anna, I'm glad the worst is over. Being sick is rough on everyone. I am down here at Camp Lejeune, NC end enjoying my family so much. Just had a 1st birthday party for Jackson. It doesn't seem as if it's been a year. Hopre everyone stays healthy and has a great week end. Hugs to all.

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger robynl said…

    Oh Anna I love the color of the purse and we used to collect Beanies-don't have that one.
    Get better fast; I had the flu a few weeks ago.

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger tetewa said…

    The purse and bear look wonderful! Just wanted to say what a fun March you have ahead (Billy Joel and Nickelback). I saw Billy Joel in concert many years ago and he puts on a great show!

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    Maybe the Irish in me will win me that bear :) :)

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger catslady said…

    Glad you're all feeling better. You're definitely a glass half full person which makes reading your blog very enjoyable. Spring isn't in PA yet either - we had freezing rain last night and we're expecting that snow storm to hit us tomorrow.

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger traveler said…

    Loved your wonderful and well thought out messages. Hope you are back to normal now healthwise. Cute purse and bear. Loved your blog party and stay well.

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger ThatBrunette said…

    You need not go into details about the stomach flu. My toddler gave it to me last month. Yarg! They do seem to be disease factories, don't they?

    I'm glad you are back and up to blogging. One day, I would like to see a blog of your collection of purses. Your faves and why.

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope you were able to recooperate over the weekend.

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger Lindi said…

    Anna,
    You know why I like visiting your blog? Because I always feel so festive when I read your posts.
    Keep up the fun prizes and good writing.
    Glad your household is getting back to normal.

     
  • At 11:13 PM, Blogger Robin Bell said…

    Anna, LOVED THE BOOK!!! Hope you receive the photo's I e-mailed you. Thank you so much. Thank you again ... lets see what did we call you in the chat.. ahhh yes bag lady :-) As always you are the best!!!

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger CrystalGB said…

    I am glad you are feeling better. Stomach flu is awful.
    The purse and bear are cute.

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Blogger principessa said…

    Your advice and beautiful photos give me strength and purpose. Enjoy listening to the special words and those gorgeous pics. Hope that all is going well. Love your special blog.

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Hope everyone is feeling better!

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Jeanette J said…

    great prize as usual..I really like the shade of green on the purse

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger Hvnly777 said…

    Beatiful bag and great prize!

    You always have the best prizes! :o)

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger soche said…

    In our house, we've had strep throat & bronchitis. We are getting better & glad y'all are too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home