Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Green--who says it's not easy???

Okay, green's NOT my color. Almost everything with even a fleck of green in it looks horrendous next to my skin. But, put a little of the spring stuff into the grass and the trees and the flowerbeds, and I'm addicted to being outside. Currently working on my deck, as a matter of fact.

And with St. Patt's day coming on strong, we're all going to be focusing on the green this week, even if we don't have any of the stuff of it in our closets...so, if you can't beat them... And how best to accessories, I always say, then to find some pursed I can wear with anyting ;o) Oh, and a frog prince or two to kiss...

The pics of this weeks prizes are below--I'll give one away every day through Friday. My Saturday's full of all-day GRW stuff, but I'll be back out on Sunday to clap for the winners.

In the mean time, even if your life isn't full of exactly what you want right now, and you don't look the best in what you have--find a way to accessories. Use what you've got. Make the moment count, even if it's not your favorite thing. You can't always choose the moment--and sometimes you just have to make the most of the green you've got. But remember, just arount the corner is your chance to shine (I'll be wearing red on Saturday, I think, even if I'll get pinched for shining in all my non-green glory).

It's not always easy to make what you have work. But it's not like you have much of a choice in the moment--either accept what is, or be unhappy. Guess which state of mind will get you to what you want next the fastest? And you never know when good news is sneaking up behind you to shower you with unexpected good stuff--like...All-American Father just received 4 1/2 stars from Romantic Times!!!

AAF is my lightest story yet. Intentionally so. Wasn't sure how the emotion would play with the breezier, snarky tone. Guess it's working out ;o) And RT featured me in an article I wrote for their fan section--RT Clubhouse. So...green or not, it's a good day!!!

There's more good news to share, but you're probably tapping your toes for those pics. So, here are two purses and a frog prince just waiting for a kiss. I have more froggies that'll show up over the next few weeks, but alas just two more green bags. So, leave a comment and I'll randomly draw a winner each day through Friday.

Think green ;o)
















Labels: ,

17 Comments:

  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Wow, I love those purses! Green is actually one of my favorite colors. My hubby's birthday is on St. Patty's Day, so we will be celebrating that this weekend. I hope you have fun on Saturday Anna. I'm sure you will look lovely in whatever color that you choose to wear. :)

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger robynl said…

    I have a green coat/jacket that I will be wearing. Love the prizes as usual. Have fun on Saturday.

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger principessa said…

    Lovely purses that would be great for Spring. Froggie is cute as can be. Love him. Have a wonderful Saturday and congrats on the news.

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger Maureen said…

    I have always liked green because I have green eyes but my sister hates green and will not wear it. I like your comments. Whatever is happening it's definitely up to us how we deal with it.

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger traveler said…

    Your wise and inspiring messages always make my day. Thanks. Love the sweet frog and the delightful purses for the season. Have a wonderful week and Saturday.

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    I love all of the prizes. In NC we are getting a taste of spring and it makes me want it to be May.

    Happy Wendesday Everyone!

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger Angie-la said…

    Aww, Anna! Green is everybody's color on St Paddy's Day!! Just have a little Guinness and you won't care what the color looks like on ya!!
    Even though I'm Italian through and through, I pretend I'm, Irish on the 17th! :P

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Green in some cases can be a neutral color that works well with other colors...don't count it out entirely when creating your wardrobe. I love green things...money, trees, grass and all kinds of nature.

     
  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger catslady said…

    Depends on what kind of green lol. Yellow-green clashes with my skin so I shy away from it but I love earth tones and that's what the purses look like :) And, yes, everyone is green on St. Patrick's Day.

     
  • At 10:22 PM, Blogger ThatBrunette said…

    I have the same issue with yellow. :-)

    Congratulations on your RT review! Snarky can be good. And on Child of My Heart. Keep us posted on the publish date.

    I'm glad you are back and blogging. Oddly enough, I've been trying to 'live in the moment' lately. I'm working on it!

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Really like that first bag!!!!

    We are supposed to get some real winter weather - not fair after having some nice weather.

    I like green!

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whoops, didnt really carefully. Bags look black. Would still like one. LOL.

     
  • At 2:13 AM, Blogger jja42 said…

    Green happens to be my favorite color. I would be proud to own a green handbag and to carry one.

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Congrats Anna on the great review for All-American Father. Just ordered a copy from eHarlequin. I actually love the color green. We've had near 80 degree days here in NC and things are starting to bloom. Green reminds me of spring! Have a great St. Pat's Day. Love the purses and prizes.

     
  • At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I happen to like green. There are so many diff. shades.

    Love your prizes.

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Carol M said…

    I guess I'm a day late! lol I love green! It's my favorite color!

    Congratulations on your RT review!

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger CrystalGB said…

    What cute purses and frog. Congratulations on your RT review!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home