Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Snow White and Grumpy, Here We Come!!!

Went missing for a week there, didn't I???

Would be so much fun to report that I was abducted by aliens and now have all the research and personal experience I need to write the next great sciennce fiction novel. But, alas, truth be told, I spoke at a conference in NC last weekend, had revisions on my October book due yesterday (what was Legally Yours is now officially titled Because of a Boy, btw), and a bunch of unexpected GRW business reared it's head this week that couldn't wait for a more convenient time to be dealt with.

So...I'm a week late and a dollar short with giving away the cute bear and purse. Good news--I have two sets, so here are our two winners (the two bears I'll be sending out are slightly different, but you'll love the them all the same):

N0odz1 (Jack ;o)--you're our first randomly-drawn winner!!!

Hvnly777--I have another cute bag/bear set, just for you!!!

Email me your mailing addresses, my friends...

I also have some new St. Pattie's Day goodies (read, all green ;o) to temp you with all week--because the 17th is just around the corner!!!. So keep coming back.

I'll be a-posting wit and whisdom, and giving away lovely/fun things to lucky posters. Wish there were pots of gold to share, but I know my friends out here will get into the spirit of more purses and cuddly toys!!!

And about our friends Snow White and Grumpy...My editor called to say they loved my idea for the 2008 Mother's Day collection of short stories (you know, the one I've been asked to participate in with Lori Handeland!!!). So, I'll be writing a Mother's Day short story about adoption, tentatively titled Child of My Heart. Here's the pitch I sent my editor--thanks to all my blog friends who were so encouraging when I thought up the nutty idea of reworking my fascination with the dynamics between a cartoon pricess and a dwarf ;o) to Harlequin as a romance novel idea, lol!!!

...See, I LOVE grumpy. He's my favorite dwarf. He's not really so mean and nasty, as much as he'sterribly vulnerable and misunderstood ;o) Snow White sees that, and by the end of the story, Grumpy becomes the binding factor amongst theother dwarfs, and rallies everyone to go fight the witch and bring the Prince back to their their princess.

Child of My Heart would be an adoption story about a mother-to-be falling for seemingly the most difficult child in the bunch (grumpy), when it's time to choose which older child to adopt--only the boy/girl's not really grumpy after all, just misunderstood, and with a little TLC will learn how to love and attach head-over-heels with his/her newfamily.

...a marriage in jeopardy story where a couple that would have separated already are staying together for as long as it takes to push an adoption through and give the heroine the child she wants more than anything in the world. The hero wants the heorine to have the child she's always longed for. They still care about oneanother, but the romance/relationship is impossibly broken, or so they think--until love for the "difficult" child they temporarily adopt (a grace period is required before adoptions are final) touches their hearts and begins to bind them all together as a "real" family--that is, brings prince and princess back together.

Sigh... Whatcha think???

More great news to share later in the week. I'm off to enjoy my first day free of something being due to my editor in a long, long time. Hope you have a great one yourself!!!

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Pat L. said…

    Congrats to the winners.

    And yes, Sigh, I love the adoption storyline. Sounds very touching.

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger robynl said…

    congrats winners, I'm green with envy, lol(green purse/shoes).
    Great story for the Mother's Day book.
    Have a great day off.

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    The Mother's Day story sounds wonderful! Congrats to the winners. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Sounds good Anna!

    By the way, did you get my e-mail? I haven't heard from you.

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Carol M said…

    Congrats to the winners!

    The Mother's Day story sounds great!

    I hope your day of freedom was a good one! lol

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Enjoy your days of freedom.

    And Spring is almost here! Cannot wait.

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Congrats n0odz1 and Hvnly777!!!

    Anna,

    The pitch sounds great! I'm still anxiously awaiting All American Father too. At least I don't have to wait much longer for that one :) Enjoy your time off. You deserve it!

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger CrystalGB said…

    Congratulations to the winners.

    Love the adoption story idea. I think it will be a great read.

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger principessa said…

    I love the adoption idea which is sensitive and beautiful. Your messages are always a joy to read.

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger traveler said…

    The adoption story is so ideal. Enjoy Spring and your day of freedom. Thanks for the inspiring blogs.

     
  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger Maureen said…

    Your Mother's Day story sounds great.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home