Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

RT Memories 4: Live in the Moment

I've said it before. We only have control over the moment we're living now. You might as well give it all you've got, 'cause the rest of your life isn't yours to spin.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a champ at looking back (at the good stuff and the bad).

Like, I'm just now getting the rest of April's prizes in the mail, because I'm a neurotic mommy watching her nestling leave Elementary School behind, and therefore I've been scrambling for every last memory I can get these last few weeks.

And like the new RT pictures I have to share below--that kind of looking back does a girls frazzled mind some good, don't you think ;o)

Looking back or trying to predict the future is normal. Human. Essential to understand your place. But don't get lost in the looking. Get lost in the living, instead.

What's coming, what's not gone right --what's scared us so badly it's still lingering, no matter how much time has past--or even what's so right we'd kill to live it over and over again...none of it's your reality right now. None of it's that juicy moment right in front of you, waiting for you to take a bite to see how it'll taste. Right now is the good stuff. Right now's where your passion should be.

So, my apologies for the delay in your goody deliveries. The last packages go out today (except to those winners who're too shy to share their addies with me, and you know who you are--if you don't, look back over the last month's posts and find your name and get in touch ;o).

And here are some great pics to help smooth over my slow, slow blog posting of late. I'm getting back on the horse. Don't have a choice, really. There's a lot of work due, NOW!!! Gotta be who I am now, instead of who all those memories tell me I might be...you do the same, then tell us what you've acomplished today ;o)




Okay, I LOVE this picture of me and Jason Santigo--Mr. Romance '07. Ride 'em, cowgirl!!!




And here are more of the CrossingRealms guys...Bill Freda joined in the fun this time. Lucky us ;o)

And as for Chris Winters, for those of you who haven't made it out to Rose and Anthony's site yet, here's the banner everyone's been drooling over!

Labels: , , ,

20 Comments:

  • At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's a little sad when your baby starts growing up. Love your pictures.

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    What wonderful motivational pictures. Thanks! This is the last year in elementary for my little guy too. Somehow it's worse than when his sister went on to middle school. I guess because he's my baby.

    Cheryl

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger robynl said…

    Anna, I trust you got my e-mail with my snail mail address. I know you are so busy; I haven't heard back from you so am not sure if you got my e-mail or not. Thanks.

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger Cherie J said…

    Great pictures Anna! I probably will feel the same way with my almost 4 year old when it is his time. They grow so fast.

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My baby started middle school this year I had a hard time with that Beth Reimer

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    From Pat Cochran:

    It's hard when it's your own children
    going through school at what seems
    like supersonic speeds. When it is
    your grandchildren, then you really have to sit back and catch your breath. My eldest grandchild, my
    sweet Ashley whom I still think of as
    being so young, will be a junior in
    senior high school in the fall!!! She
    will be in college before we know it!

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger catslady said…

    I miss when you don't blog :)

    my babies are 23 and 20 (sigh). One is engaged so hopefully I'll get to see some grandbabies some day :)

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The first comment is mine. I forgot.


    Stacy S

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger CrystalGB said…

    Great pictures Anna.

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my Anna, I had to get a napkin just to look at the last pic!!!!! I am waaaaaayyyy to old to be seeing things like that.....(keep em coming!)

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oops....11:03 is me. I keep forgetting to put my name in.

    Linda G

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger Carol M said…

    Our children do grow up so fast. I know how Pat feels though. It seems as if my grandchildren are growing up even faster! It's hard for me to believe that my daughter's twins will be entering their last year of middle school this fall!

     
  • At 6:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    ya know....Anna....in lookin over yer blog---i've decided -i WANNA be you...man, you pose with some really good lookin guys, wow--takes my breath away. i guess it's tough work, but somebody's gotta do it.......lol
    jackie y.

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I GUESS IT IS A REALLY GOOD THING THAT I AM NOT AN INSECURE MAN AS MUCH AS MY WIFE LOVES LOOKING AT YOUR PHOTOS IN THE BLOG. THE BEST THING ABOUT IT THOUGH, IS THAT I GET TO LOOK AT YOU!! JACK

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are helping Brenda Novak by donating a purse for the DIABETES annual auction. Thank you. Diabetes will someday have a cure because of people caring for people and you are the people. Thank you. Sabo1050 says "Thank you".

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Finally gonna try to get this one to work on anonymous. I have been able to read all the great comments but just not post. Anna, you have out done yourself on the pics this time. I had to go get an icepack to calm down! LOL!!

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OOps!!! Its me, Susan F!

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Anna, yours was the first romance novel I ever read and I must say I did enjoy it. Thanks for talking me into buying it that day you were signing books at Books-A-Million.

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Wonderful pictures!!!

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great pictures:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home