Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Monday, August 28, 2006

Man, I wish I was in Port Charles!!! Is there a doctor in the house...

Welcome to sneezy author on a deadline... Stand back... Things are about to get messy... Ah...Ah...Ah-choo!!!!

Poking my head out of the covers/deadline ('cause my son shared his cold with me, and I'm now writing in bed) to check in on the blog...just realized I missed our Soap Opera Friday bash, so... let's kill two birds with one stone and take a field trip to General Hospital ;O)

Ah, the scenery is lovely here, the drama is high, the story lines, though a bit repetative, are getting interesting again... Which is to say I can walk away for a week at a time, come back, plug right back into the same scene I left, and always find something interesting to watch...

But did I mention the scenery??? For your drooling pleasure, I bring you Tyler Christopher, who so has a future in primetime TV and feature films one day (soon, I'm hoping, cause he's the best actor in the bunch). For those who like their Aussies, Ingo Rademacher is lovely. Another fine actor, too. Tried a few TV series outside of daytime, but nothing has stuck yet.

For my guy visitors, did you catch Kelly Monaco on Dancing with the Stars a few seasons ago? Wow!! And she can cry on cue and everything. She has GH's Jason Morgan' s undying love (Steve Burton, who blogger is refusing to let me load a pic of...I think I've reached my limit. I'll be sure to spotlight him tomorrow)... what a lucky girl... try not to hate her because she's beautiful...

I hear she's leaving the show soon... onward to bigger and better things, I hope... GH keeps losing their best and brightest that way, but I guess it's the price you pay for having geniuses for casting and script directors.

Actually I think this is probably my pick for the daytime cast with the most depth. So many of these actors could be stars on any project, big or small screen. GH is one of the few shows I do tune in to with any regularity, because the writing and the acting is always emotionally relevant...you know me...I need my angst. And speaking of angst!!!

Maurice Benard...sigh...

The actor himself is bi-polar, and he's playing that reality out through his character on GH now. Rather convincingly, I might add. If he doesn't win another daytime Emmy for what he's accomplished in this latest storyline, there's no justice in the world.

So, there you have it...my guilty pleasure most days when I have a few minutes' break between finishing my pages and my son getting home from school...General Hospital can be as campy as the reast of the soaps, but its writers know how to turn out a great story, and the show's pacing and cliff hangers are some of the best on the air...any author can learn something from the way these lovely people mange to take a tried and true story theme and tug at your heart all over again. At least that's my rational for watching, so don't bother with the sideways glances...I like the show, so shoot me!!!

I know there are some more fans out there who'll back me up. GH was the most requested show from my informal poll week before last... Tell us why you watch and who's your favorite. And look for Steve/Jason tomorrow. We'll give him his own special day, since blogspot shunned him today!

Be sure to come back Wednesday to see who won the latest RWA goodies, and then on Friday when we pic another sudsy daytime bunch to chat about ;O) If you have't weighed in on your favorite yet, let us know who you love...

17 Comments:

  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger robynl said…

    Maurice Benard has IT!!!! Loved GH.

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger Nicole said…

    I never watched GH. When I was younger, my mom always watched As the World Turns or Guiding Light, but never anything else. Never got into watching anything for myself.

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    I haven't watched soaps in a while...just catch them occasionally. But GH does have some great looking people on it. As does All My Children and As the World Turns.

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger Rashmi said…

    Not GH, but I'm a huge fan of Grey's Anatomy. Good looking people there as well!

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger tastefully yours said…

    I don't do GH since I am a CBS girl but I do like Grey's Anatomy as well.

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger ThatBrunette said…

    I watch the occasional soap, too. Yes, the actors do moce on to bigger and better things. From what I have been told, Soap acting can be very tough. Major characters can have 30+ pages of dialog a day. Some describe it as boot camp acting. One summer, my neighbor explained 10 years of storyline for Y&R. We both had weird schedules so she wanted a soap buddy. I got hooked!

     
  • At 8:11 PM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    I got hooked on Y&R by spending a week each summer with my grandmother. My mom never allowed soaps on the TV in our house, but one week each summer allowed me to keep. It was kind of a bonding thing with Grandma.

    Grey's Anatomy...some epxlain that to me. I don't get to watch much network TV at all, and I do some series via DVD. I know Grey's is out in season one and two... Should I buy? What's the hook. I used to love ER and have seen a few Scrubs, but just didn't feel the need to commit to another medical show.

    Then again, I have to have my House, but I watch that so much for the writing and not so much the medical jargon.

    Glad you've seen buddy about, Toni. Hope you can talk him in!!

     
  • At 9:11 PM, Blogger catslady said…

    If you loved ER you will really love Greys.

    I no longer watch the soaps but when my children were small and i was nursing them I got hooked. I went from those to Little House on the Praire repeats lol. Now I'm hooked on all the various Star Treks.

     
  • At 9:12 PM, Blogger catslady said…

    Oh just saw that about Buddy. When he gets hungry enough or cold enough or scared I bet he'll come home! Good Luck.

     
  • At 2:20 AM, Blogger Minna said…

    Grey's Anatomy starts soon here in Finland, but I'm more looking forward to Dr. House. And I already miss Bones. We saw the last episode of the first season here and I think we have to wait until next summer before we get to see Bones again. *Sigh*

     
  • At 3:41 AM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    Bones is David Borianas (sp?), right? Man, I miss Angel. never got to see Bones, though. Too much gonig on at night around here, and I'm afraid of T-Vo. If I get it, will I ever get any writing done again????

     
  • At 4:57 AM, Blogger Minna said…

    Yep, David Boreanaz as agent Booth and Emily Deschanel as Bones (Dr. Brennan). If you ever have time to see Bones, I definitely recommend it! Warning: it's highly addictive! I believe the next season of Bones starts soon in the U.S.A. *SIGH* I really want to get that series on DVD...

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Carol M said…

    It's been too many years to count since I've watched soaps. I found myself getting nothing done so I turned off the tv during the day.
    I do love to watch House. I try to never miss it even though it comes on late and I'm tired.

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I watch Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. Both these shows are very good and I can't wait till they start showing this season's episodes.

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger Fannie said…

    Sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope you are better soon. Summer colds are the worst. I don't watch soaps so all the people you all are talking about are total strangers to me. (Sorry). I watch Food Network a lot and CSI, Criminal Minds and Nascar. I enjoy all of these. Have a great day everyon and Hugs.

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Blogger Angie-la said…

    I never get to watch the soaps anymore, so I content myself with watching Mark Valley on Boston Legal, Josh Holloway and Matthew Fox on Lost and Patrick Dempsey and Chris O'Donnell on Grey's Anatomy.

    There are only 2 tv shows that I hate to miss and Lost and Grey's are the ones!

    I think you would really like Grey's Anatomy, Anna.
    Check out the episode recaps at
    http://abc.go.com/primetime/greysanatomy/episodes/2005-2006/1.html

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Dena said…

    Hi Anna I hope you feel better soon.
    Thanks for the GH pictures,I mentioned last friday it was my one and only favorite soap.Love it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home