Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Thursday, August 31, 2006

New Winner and The Prodigal's Return Scavenger Hunt...

Holiday weekend coming up, lots of fun family stuff to do (not to mention rewrites for my WIP), but we have to have some fun on the blog, too...

But some houskeeping first. Scroll down for the winner of the Nocturne ARCs and bag, then come back next Tuesday for the next RWA National prize... Jeepers, with all the goodie's I'm sure to bring back from the Georgia Romance Writers Reader Luncheon coming up in September, where Sherry Kenyon will be signing, we'll be giving stuff away through the end of the year ;O) BTW, if you haven't signed up for the Reader Luncheon, you have to check it out and come!!!

http://georgiaromancewriters.org/Luncheon/RLMain.php

I'll also be revamping the website over the weekend, picking my July Funky Purse winner (what with it being September tomorrow and all) and preparing for a new website giveaway (it's going to be great, so don't miss out--look for my September newsletter in your inbox next week).

And since I'm digging through my prize closet, lets have a scavenger hunt over the holiday for the last of my XOXO heart bags that everyone loves so much.

What are you searching for???

Okay, I've asked this before, but no one's come up with the answer...there's a bit of a problem with the cover of The Prodigal's Return--the cover's on the blog home page, for those of you who don't have your copy yet (and if you don't, why not???).

Anyway, read the first few scenes of the book, check out the cover, and leave a comment telling me what you think the problem is...the first one who gets it right wins ;O)

If you don't have a copy of the book (again, not sure why ANYYONE wouldn't, since all you have to do is click on the bookcover on my blog and order from Amazon ;O), check out my blog posts starting on June 5th for the sneak preview teasers I included...along with hunky pics of cover models from the RT convention... Now that I think about it, everyone go back and enjoy the view when you've got a few minutes...Yowza, I forgot how amazing they were myself!! Daytona was soooo much fun!

Okay, funky purse winner coming, newsletter coming, holiday scavenger hunt... check, check check... Oh! The Nocturne winner... thought I forgot didn't you ;O)

Drawing a name at random from the bag... drums roll, please... Minna, who posted on the 28th, you're our winner!!! I really wish I had more to share, but I had to practically fight for the to copies I got. Enjoy the ARCs, Minna, and let us know what you think ;O) Email me your mailing address, so I can send you your prize.

Pat, your Heart pillow and book are going out tomorrow--sorry for the delay, but my "shipping department," has been out of town again.

Okay, the scavenger hunt clock is ticking...who's going to figure out the mystery first???

16 Comments:

  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Carol M said…

    Neal has blond hair but on the cover it is dark.

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Meljprincess said…

    Congrats Minna!
    I was going to say the haircolor on the cover is wrong too!

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger robynl said…

    They shared the same blond good looks,(taken from an excerpt) and the guy on the cover has dark hair.

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ahh - I don't have my copy any more. I gave it to my mother-in-law, but could it be the "Now Entering Rivermist, GA" sign is on the wrong side of the road? Usually, the welcome sign is on the right side of the road going along with traffic.

     
  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Congrats Minna!

    I was going to say hair color as well. He is a blond in the book, but dark-haired on the cover.

    Oh, and the sign says GA instead of the full name of Georgia as it does in the book.

     
  • At 3:08 AM, Blogger J said…

    His hair is wrong colour and the sign is on the wrong side of the road.

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger catslady said…

    Looks like I'm late lol The hair coloring and the sign of course.

    congrats Minna.

     
  • At 4:26 AM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    Wow, quick responses...

    Carol wins for catching the hair color first.

    Sandra0808, I'm going to have to find something for you, too, because I totally forgot about the GA vs. Georgia thing in the sign--evidently, they couldn't make it fit in the picture the way it was written!!! You were the first to catch that, so let me see what I can find for you!!!

    I don't really say in the book what side of the street the sign's on. Sandra was the first to notice this, too. Are welcome signs really only on one side of the road???

    Email me your mailing addresses, Carol and Sandra, and I'll get your goodies out to you after the holida weekend ;O)

    Thanks eveyone who came out to play!!

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Carol M said…

    Thank you so much, Anna! I love the XOXO heart bag!

    Congratulations Sandra!

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    I thought I said the GA vs. Georgia thing first, but I could be wrong.

    Congrats ladies!

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    Oops, Jennifer's right (author on deadline, hanging her head in shame). Jenn, I'll take care of you, you know that!! Carol, my mistake...you're still a winner, too.

    Send me your mailing addies, and find something fun in my fabulous prize closet for you.

    Everyone, I'll put pics up of what they one sometime next week.

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    Sorry you haven't gotten Buddy to come home, Toni :o(

    Yeah, I thought the coloring might be a little "fally," too. But it's pretty and works well with the rest of the packaging. I think they were looking to make sure the overall impression wasn't too green.

    Actually, I thought the car was pretty dead-on. Take a look at the make and model I used in the book (link to pictures below), and tell me what you think:

    http://members.aol.com/fastback65gt/MY65GT.htm

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Don't worry about it Anna! And thanks! I felt bad for even saying anything.

     
  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger catslady said…

    congrats carol and sandra!!!

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    LOL, Toni--I totally know what you mean. I've been a Maxima girl for so long, but I needed something vintage for APR (you'll see why as you read further into the story ;O). When I found the red Mustang on that site, I knew I had a winner!!

    I've had people email me wanting to know why, why!!! I did what I did to the other Mustang in the book. Ah, the sacrifices we make for art ;O)

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger Carol M said…

    Thank you for the congrats!

    Anna, I sent my email. Hope you got it. Thanks again!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home