Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Gone Fishin'...

Just when you think it's safe to relax and tie up all those lose ends you've left dangling around the campfire, one of the fish you've stocked in your rustic pond jumps the bank and drags you back into the muck for a bit of tuggle war ;O)

Yeah, I'm swimming with the fishes right now...fiddling with revisions on the book I turned in not two weeks ago--All-American Father--because the deadline's so tight on this one, it's due into production in early October.

I know, I know...you're wanting to know, "Where's the website update, newsletter, excerpts and prizes, you big tease!!! Where's the s'mores and the trail mix and all the fun stuff that makes camping the bomb???

Well, this camper's had to throw some sand over the fire and pull the stakes from the tent. Vacation from deadlines over, until my Editor gets her revsions.

One thing's for sure in publishing...feast or famine rules the day. And when it's time to feast, and your family says, "rock on, we've got things covered while you're fish wrangling," you dive into the bounty.

So, a quick RWA Conference giveaway update, and I'm off to make All-American Father my best Superromance yet (my editor L-O-V-E-D this story and the hero, BTW), and also two weekends of promotional stuff I'd planned, back when I thought I'd be in control of my schedule this fall, LOL!!!!

I'll be in and out over the next week or so, but I'll keep doing the giveaways, 'cause I can't leave my buds hanging out here without their campfire songs (okay, honestly, I need to move this stuff out of my PR room, or my husband's going to lose it and give everything away to the folks living in the next Winnebago over).

So, stop by and chat...keep me in the loop, so I can live vicariously through you for a bit. It was so much fun to hear everyone's dream get away places (and, yes, my dreams often include peaceful cooking and other at-home-without-deadlines-and-preassure-loming over-me passtimes). Leave comments, be in the running for prizes...I'll be back soon, with lots of coathanger thingies to melt marshmellows, grahm and chocolate on ;O) How do we all feel about camping...are you a purist (tent lover) or a comfort-monger (camper lover)? Wanna guess which I am???

Okay, this week's winner of the great RWA tote and paranormal/historical grab bag of books...Fannie, who commented at 11:10 on the Sept 19th post. (Just as an FYI for the friends who've emailed worried about not winning...I'd love to give everyone who keeps me company out here something, but, alas, my fishing isn't reeling in the million dollar deals yet. In the mean time, winners of blog and website contests are all randomly drawn. I'm not playing favorites or excluding anyone on purpose...love you all...kisses...hugs...sorry for the fishy smell, but what are you gonna do with writers, huh???)

Fannie, send me your mailing addie... Sharon, I still have your tote with the Harlequin titles waiting to be shipped...I'll get both prizes in the mail PDQ...promise...

Next up for the "better in your house than in mine" RWA mega-giveaway... Well, I have a great set of single title thrillers from Lisa Gardner, Carla Cassidy, Karen Harper, and Christina Dodd...To-die-for titles...and Blogger won't let me load the image. You'll have to trust me until I can get another blog post out here in a few days...

In the mean time, leave comments for the drawing I'll do sometime mid-week next week...I'll even throw in something fun from the promo goodies I brought back ;O)

So...camping anyone?????

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger Carol M said…

    Congratulations, Fannie!

    I'm so sorry your vacation ended so soon but I'm glad that All-American Father will be going into production soon! :)

    I love s'mores! There is no doubt that I'm a comfort-monger and I think you are too! lol

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Congratulations Fannie.
    Hey Anna - I can't wait to read AAF. When is the release date on this book? 2007?
    I remember girl scout and horse back riding camps when I was young. I loved roasting smores, hay rides, and the ghost stories.
    Now a days, I'm more of a comfort camper. No more tents, but I still loves the campfires!

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger robynl said…

    Congrats Fannie; yippee.
    I need comfort please, at my age. But we still do the weiner roast/marshmallow thing in our firepit in our back yard; then we go indoors and sleep in our bed, LOL.

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger Minna said…

    Congrats Fannie!
    s'mores? I'd like to try those!

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Congrats Fannie!

    Good luck with revisions Anna! Big Hugs!

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger Estella said…

    Congrats Fannie! The only way I have ever camped is with or without a tent---so that is what I prefer.

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Maureen said…

    No camping for me. If we are going away I want to be comfortable with room to move and a nice big bed.

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Pat L. said…

    Sorry, but I am not a camping type gal. But have fun.

     
  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I have been camping one time and I didn't like it to much. I went in a pop up camper. Now if I had one of those big campers I might would go. lol.

    Congrats Fannie!

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger Jeanette J said…

    We have everything needed for camping...tent, lantern, stove, sleeping bags etc...number of times we have used them...0.
    Well, maybe next year. (same thing I've said for the last 15 years)

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Definitely comfort camping for me.

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger CrystalGB said…

    I am definitely a comfort monger. You can't pay me to sleep in a tent. My husband loves to camp in a tent.

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger Meljprincess said…

    I've never been camping.
    Congrats Fannie!
    Man, I'm so into thrillers now. Would love to win that prize. :-)

     
  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger catslady said…

    Congrats Fannie. Sorry about the short trip but happy to hear about AAF.

    The only camping I've done is when my girls were in scouts and I really enjoyed it. But if I have the choice, I have to opt for luxury lol.

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger Mariee said…

    Grats Fannie!

    Me and my husband went camping in Europe one summer. It was definitely an experience :D

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger Pat Cochran said…

    I've never been a camping aficionado.
    Years ago, we joined a group of high
    school band parents in chaperoning a
    bunch of band kids on a camping trip.
    Highlights of the trip: boys & girls
    in separate cabins, parents in between
    around a campfire,a not-so-quiet raid
    on the girls' cabin, the band director
    swimming back to camp after tipping
    over his canoe, and much more. I could
    say, "Those were the days," but I won't.

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Joan said…

    I have never been one to enjoy camping.Of course, it would be alright if there was a bathroom nearby. I am not one to use the bushes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home