Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Wow, those were some AMAZING fish ;O)

Okay, so we drove up into the mountains last weekend, instead of fishing, but when a girl needs a getaway, she can't be choosy.

And after two back-to-back weekend conferences and speaking engagements, complete with revisions due right in the middle of it all--not to mention the dozen or so other deadlines that have come and gone in the last twelve months--and a little autum leaf peeping was just what my family and I needed. Unfortunately, that means I've been away from the blog sooooo much longer than I'd planned (because there were line edits and copy edits waiting for me to proof when we got back), but I knew I'd find you here waiting, and there's so much "fishing" to share.

I know there's anothe winner to announce (and lots of prizes to get out in the mail, so THANK YOU, everyone, for your patience while you've waited). And more prizes--a great one from the GRW Reader Luncheon!!! But that's all for tomorrow...today, let me share some of my mental health break ;o)

First, we stumbled across Blairsville's Sorghum Festival. So much great food and fun, like watching pole climbing and log sawing competitions. What a wonderful community and authentic small-town, mountain events!!! Awesome music, too. Tons of arts and craft displays.

Another great things about mountain leaf excursions are the flea markets that you pass along the way. My family loves them. My husband's always trolling for something electronic or old tools. My son's into cyrstals, which you can find in droves at almost every stop in North GA. And I love all things old and antique-y...and this time, I discoverd a treasure trove of old Harlequin romances, if you can believe it!!

I'm now the proud owner of a first edition of Catherine Coulture's first Contemporary for Silhouette Intimate Moments (it's been reprinted several times since 1986, but I now have the orignal). Also, one of the very first Special Editions, and one of Norah Roberts SEs and Sandra Brown's Love Swepts. A romance novel from 1952. A Kismet (publisher no longer even publishing). A Candelight Ecstasy. Even some old Supers...picking my favorites from the pile was like opening gifts Christmas morning. And I can't tell you how much fun I've had reading them...remembering what I loved about romances when I discovered them as a teenager...I needed some stress-free downtime, and these little jewels fit the bill to perfection.

And did I mention the leaves...WOW!!! Amazing, ladies. If it's not too late, if they're still turning near you, you have to go get you some of this. I grew up in Savannah...evergreens everywhere...nothing happens in the fall there but more heat and humidity ;O) So nature's autum finery is magical for me. I'd never seen anything close to it first-hand, until I came to Atlanta to go to college and never went back, and I've never taken it for granted since.

Everyone needs a little magic sometimes, I guess... I was word-weary and more exhausted than I realized. I haven't had such a relaxing, fun time with my family inyears, and I've been catching up on my sleep (when before, I was having trouble nodding off) ever since... I LOVE fishing, LOL!!!

So, I'm back and promising new daily posts and all those catch-up things I was planning to do the last few weeks. We're gearing up for Halloween around here, and of course there's more work and one more reader event in November (in Birmingham, for those of you who live close enough to come say hi). But I'm refreshed and rested and ready for some superfun Web stuff...we HAVE to talk about Project Runway, BTW (if you're a Jeffery fan, beware, I'm NOT a happy girl)...

We have to talk, period...I MISSED YOU GUYS!!!

Don't forget, tomorrow, I'll do the new winner and prize thing. And I think I owe you some new excerpts (my editor gushed about the All-American Father revisions, BTW)...

Okay, off to snooze and dream about cool mountain air!!

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

  • At 10:54 PM, Blogger Pat L. said…

    Glad you had such a nice time.

    You are such a tease making us wait til tomorrow.

     
  • At 1:01 AM, Blogger Fannie said…

    I missed you but it sounds like you really some family time. I am so happy you got away for awhile. The leaves are so beautiful. How can anyone look at the world this time of year and not believe in a higher power? We are happy to have a well-rested fishing woman back. BTW, did you catch any fish? I can just picture you with your treasure trove of books. Don't you just love to find that kind of treasure. Enjoy them. Have a great day and Hugs to all.

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Carol M said…

    Welcome back, Anna! I'm glad you had a great time and I really envy all the great books you found! :)

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger Minna said…

    Welcome back!

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    We missed you too, Anna! Welcome back, glad you took time to relax and get recharged.

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Anna,

    Welcome back. It sounds like you had a great time and some much needed rest and relaxation. I love this time of year too. We just went to Michigan, which is beautiful in the Fall. We went apple picking and to the pumpkin patch. Hayrides and apple cider! My son loved it. The leaves were so beautiful.
    Glad you're back!

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Anna!

    We missed you too! I am so glad that you had a lovely and relaxing time. The pictures are gorgeous!

    Hugs, Zara

     
  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    I am glad you had a good time! We missed you!

    Welcome Back!

     
  • At 3:34 PM, Blogger ThatBrunette said…

    HOORAY! You're back! I haven't finished reading your entry for today because I felt the need to leave a happy post! I missed your blogging.

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger catslady said…

    Oh it's eating my posts.

    Wecome home! I enjoy hearing about your trip - the books were a great find. And I live in PA and am enjoying the leaves (until having to pick them up - lol).

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger Jeanette J said…

    Welcome back..sounds like you had a great time

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger Dena said…

    It's great to have you back Anna, we missed you!
    I'm glad you got some much needed rest and relaxation with your family.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home