Home | Meet Anna | Bookshelf | Coming Soon | Reviews | Articles | Contests | Appearences | Photos

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Keeping the faith...


You know what taking a leap of faith is like, right? The ground doesn't quite meet your feet with every step you take, and sometimes there's only balance between you and falling flat on your face.

The feeling is kind of cool, but it kind of scares the poop out of you, too. Something big is coming, just over the horizon. You reach out your hand hoping, dreaming...but part of you knows it's not real yet. It might never be.

That's what being close to publishing my first book was like. Something I wanted more than just about anything, something I was starting to believe I was good at, something just close enough to make me want it even more...and something that might never have happened, if not for a lot of hard work, a lot of support, fans and friends like you, and lots and lots of luck.

A day doesn't go by in my life, that I don't stop and look around and wonder at how I got to be so lucky. I get to walk on air every day now. Reach out for the clouds and touch them, just to be sure they're still there. And they always are. I'm a writer. A real honest-to-God artist who gets to send thoughts and ideas out into the world, then is blessed to have them come back every now and again, when you take the time to tell me what they've meant to you.

Readers who've let me know that I've touched their lives are the fuel propelling this wild ride I'm on. The tangible reminder of everything I'm truly thankful for. I count my friends and family as the treasures of my life. And all of you who keep up with me out here are, each and every one of you, my jewels.

Treasure your dreams. Reach for them every day. Keep the faith and be thankful when your feet lift off the ground. That's the good stuff, even when it's scary. It's better than giving up any day.

I'm so glad I kept trying. So thankful you're in my life.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

  • At 12:46 AM, Blogger Teoh said…

    Happy Thanksgiving too Anna!

    Have a parade on me at the link below. Promise not a virus!

    http://www.southwest.com/rapid_rewards/thanksgiving_06/parade_v5.html

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Jennifer Y. said…

    Hugs!

    Wonderful post Anna!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger Maureen said…

    You are so right. Faith comes from within. No one can take it from you. Have a fantastic Thanksgiving.

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the wonderful sentiment. Have a wonderful holiday.

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Carol M said…

    That was beautiful!

    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

     
  • At 4:37 AM, Blogger ReadingIsSoMuchFun said…

    Hello Anna,

    Hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving. My fiance and I started cooking on wednesday. We decided to make ham this yr.

    We made baked macaroni & cheese, honey glazed ham, collard greens, whipped sweet potatoes with cut apples inside, stuffing and apple pie.

    Have A Happy Thanksgiving Everyone. Gobble Gobble.

    Hugssss
    Linda.H.

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger ThatBrunette said…

    Linda H. Can I come to your house for dinner???

    Anna, I really like the new cover. The woman looks so happy and peaceful.

     
  • At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope everyone had a very Happy Thanksgiving. It's great being with family and friends on the holidays!

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Anna,
    I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I love this time of year!

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Anna, that's beautiful. Now I know why you did sell that first book, and I haven't yet. :)

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger Anna Destefano said…

    Dream, you're going to sell, baby. Keep the faith. The dream's waiting to come true, just being a little coy about it ;o)

    Linda, I'm just now catching up with everyone's comments. Email me and let me know how you're doing, so I don't worry. I know you'll be fighting and overcoming whatever those test results are about, but I want to be in your corner cheering, so let me know what you need!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home